Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a shot up target to work to show a fellow AR shooter. A girl who works with me saw it and asked if I was shooting a bb gun, since the holes were so small! I almost choked, I laughed so hard. I proceeded to explain to her the differences between a bb and a high powered rifle round. Ballistic gelatin wound channels finally impressed her! Silly girls! Just thought everyone might enjoy a laugh!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
And there is such animal as a .17 HMR. Nasty little critter!! :twisted:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Is this girl hot? If so (assuming you're single), I think there should be a date to the range.;)

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
That's ok, I heard a clerk at the gun counter at Bass Pro Shops telling a customer that the FN 5.7 pistol shoots the same thing as an M-16.

In your co-worker's defense, seeing only the holes in a target it can be very easy to mistake holes made by a mouse gun with holes made by a BB gun.

There is no excuse for claiming that 40 gr moving 2000fps is the same as 62gr moving 3000 fps, especially if you are someone who should know better.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Most of the BBs you see these days are the airsoft, and holes punched in paper are kind of hard to distinguish. Heck, I have a .22 pellet rifle. Try to distinguish that from .223.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Big Bore air rifles
THE BEAST

We are talking a 525gr projectile at over 700fps. Nasty. Not my cup of tea, but there are some mean air rifles out there.
At 700 fps that is 571 foot pounds. Crazy, huh?

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
the paper can't tell the difference between a .223 and a .22 pellet, how would someone casually looking at the paper know the difference?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Big Bore air rifles
THE BEAST

We are talking a 525gr projectile at over 700fps. Nasty. Not my cup of tea, but there are some mean air rifles out there.
At 700 fps that is 571 foot pounds. Crazy, huh?
I didn't know that there was a .58, .50 is the largest air rifle I'd seen.

I took a shot up target to work to show a fellow AR shooter. A girl who works with me saw it and asked if I was shooting a bb gun, since the holes were so small! I almost choked, I laughed so hard. I proceeded to explain to her the differences between a bb and a high powered rifle round. Ballistic gelatin wound channels finally impressed her! Silly girls! Just thought everyone might enjoy a laugh!
Luckily she didn't know anything about air rifles. That could have been embarrassing for you.

Hunting Big Bore Air Rifles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts