Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I've been using this forum to research the XD before I..... pulled the trigger (had to say it, sorry!).... and I can say with complete confidence that the folks on here sold me on it 100%. Not to mention my buddy who works at the store I got it from has 2 and his coworkers all have one. I'd like to assume if the guys selling them own multiple variations it has to be a solid firearm. I ended up going with the XD 9 mm subcompact with a 3 inch barrel. I ordered a TLR-6 with a laser. I don't plan on doing much more of anything aside from maybe some grip enhancements. Thank you all for the valuable information ! I look forward to spending more time on here

·
Registered
78 Posts
How does it fit? Looks like its snug as a bug in a rug
The TLR-6 fits fine, there's no movement and it hardly changes the weight. And is it's easy to adjust onto target; comes with a little tool.

It DOES rather dramatically reduce the number of available holster options...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine will be mostly bedside so I'm not too worried about comfort but would still like something that, if needed, I could wear somewhat comfortably.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine will be mostly bedside so I'm not too worried about comfort but would still like something that, if needed, I could wear somewhat comfortably.
That's where I am--I'm not planning to carry this gun in public any time soon, but I wanted to able to do so when needed without removing the TLR-6.
Absent the light/laser installation, I'd either get some nice leather holster or, more likely, I'd just get by with the plastic doofer holster that came in the box with the pistol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the XD family. I’ve got two and planning my third, a 9mm SC like yours. I assume you say Bay Area as in SF bay? I’m east bay. Yes, CA stinks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just a couple more years until I retire, and then we're out. We grew up in San Diego, but NorCal is like another planet. Not going to stay in CA either, can't handle the political stupidity that has taken over

·
Registered
131 Posts
the XD9 sub compact is one of my favorite pistols, I take it to the range a lot over 1200 rds of various ammo types and it takes anything, super reliable! I tried over 18 brands / types of ammo including JHP defense loads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts