Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a new XD SC 9mm owner. Ill be using the site to find info on my newest addition. Ill be using this as my concealed/carry weapon. I put my First gen glock 17 in the safe last night when I got this. I have tons of guns and such but wanted a good everyday gun if you know what I mean....small but not too small is why im very happy with this weapon.

Background, prior U.S. Army, U.S. Customs and then I got full custody of my son and came back to where I grew up to raise my son. I am a Dad's Dad. Im a coach in almost everything at least till next year when Jr high retires me from coaching. Im a hunter, NRA member, instructors in a bunch of stuff ; federal arms instructor, defensive tactics, baton, oc, much more that you dont all care to know.

Since this is an all around weapon for me, meaning with me all the time, bed gun, truck gun etc I will be needing some stuff for it, such as a non bulky green laser, not sure if I need or want a light (maybe you all van chime in with your thoughts on that) A good tacticle concealed holster that will fit with the mentioned laser/maybe light setup and ill need a few more high capacity mags. Like ive said this is gonna be with me all the time so practicle/comfort is important, fancy smazy isnt. If you have good setups matching these guidelines or think I should head a better dirrection let me know or post a pic of your setup on your XDSC!

I look forward to reading about this new weapon of mine, but to tell you the truth I already did...on this sight long before I made my purchase. So thank you all for the info you didnt know you provided and thanks in advance for the info you will be providing me soon. Remy

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome. I went out and shot it this morning and I was real pleased. I thought I would have more issues with the 3" barrel and recoil, but it was not much of an issue. Im real happy with the purchase. Now for add ons!lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome neighbor! Im about 15 minutes from springfield!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome ~ if you're looking for a decent green laser and/or tac light, go to Amazon.com and look up the brand NC Star. They won't break the bank and have pretty good reviews. Here's the tac light on my XD9

I also like the fact that they can be moved to any other gun with a rail

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
It's not a weapon, it's a Firearm.... He He

Can tell you have a military background :) Welcome from Missouri also, have to agree the XD SC is a great handun, my favorite indeed.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats and welcome...:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts