Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I'm a fairly recent owner of a XDM 3.8 .40 Comp. Love the gun. Shoots way straighter than I can. My question is Which would you choose if you had to battle between the cheap off the shelf stuff. The first 300 rnds were MBI through my xdm. They were first run 165gr to be exact. I was able to touch a bowling pin or two at 50yds. Not every round but out of two or three I'd make contact. Stiff magazine springs didn't help either. I didn't have a single ammo issue with them during the 300. You think I can expect a similar performance from Tula? Mind you this is just to burn up on the range and try to learn the gun better. The only pistol I've consistently shot has been a Navy M9 baretta. I'm ok with it but think I shoot way better with the XD. Either way lets hear it.
P.S.
I will reload sooner or later but don't have the patience or the time for it right now.
Thanks

One more thing no wal-mart here so I'll be ordering online. My choices for places is the range itself or a pawn shop. They're owned by the same guy so there's no competition and slightly inflated prices.

·
Registered
591 Posts
All the Tula i have ran through my XD45 has went threw flawlessly!!!! My count on Tula alone is about 500 rounds and nothing but BANG..... and being its $14.99 a box here for 45 auto i can't pass it up..... GL have fun and be safe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply but one more thing if i dare ask. Should i stick with the 165gr or should i move to the 180+ range. again i'm just feeling the gun out but will at least run a box or 3 of defense loads before i choose a carry round and will likely be a heavier load.

·
Registered
29,743 Posts
As far as plinking ammo is concerned, I doubt there will be much difference.

In carry ammo, definitley go heavier...although 165 is not a bad choice in .40, with several good loads in that weight.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have shot over 500 rounds of the TulAmmo through both of my .40 XD's. Not one hiccup at all, and can get 'em for $11.69 a box. They are a "dirty" round no dought! But who cares when my pistol is getting a good cleaning after each outing.

Also, the 3 indoor ranges I frequent do not allow it. They are counting on making some kind of profit margin from the brass they collect, and the steel cases are useless to them along with the headache of having to seperate it.

Defence ammo: Don't go under 165gr. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts