Springfield XD Forum banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
Got ammo?
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Hi!

Been having good fortune at the closest Academy store here in NC. 300 rds of Browning 124 gr 9mm for $117 OTD, which is $19.50 per 50rd box tax included.
That's pretty fantastic! I was just doing some window shopping on the Academy site. It's too bad they won't ship to my location. They are listing a box of Aguila at almost half the cost of what I paid today. Grrrrr.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
Got ammo?
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Hi!

Wideners has Armscor 124 and 115 g fmj 9mm bullets in 2000 packs if anyone’s interested. .09 cents plus shipping. Works out to .11 to me with shipping but may be different elsewhere.
That seems like a pretty dang good deal if I were into reloading. Thanks for sharing! :)

Being Thursday, and I'm stuck at home working remotely, I took a break and ran down to my local Big 5 to do some ammo hunting and gathering. I arrived an hour before the store opened and was the fifth patriot in line. I brought along a (paper) magazine so I could read all about the SA XD-S Mod2 OSP.

Wow! The store got in a pretty good shipment this morning! Monica is my new ammo angel. She was very friendly and helpful while buying my limit of 9mm.

The store had a 200 round limit today. I got the last box of Federal and a couple boxes of Blazer.

The Blazer Brass was 124 grain but I didn't mind. I paid $100 for 200 rounds. Fifty cents a round is not a bad price these days around these parts. ;) All in all it was a good week for my hunting and gathering, a total of 250 rounds counting my little excursion to Turner's this past Monday. I'll have to check my total inventory and see if I have enough to spare for another range trip this month, maybe if I don't get too crazy going bang bang. :D

Thanks for coming along and putting up with me. I hope that Remington plant floods the market soon. We could all use more inventory at lower prices. Right? ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just curious, are you picking up and saving all your brass? Hope so.
I'm ashamed to say I have not been picking up my brass. I plan to start doing so. I've been shooting less than a year with less than a dozen trips to the range. I estimate that I've left about 2000 brass casings on the ground, or swept them up and given them to the range. (I've also shot a bit of aluminum and steel.) If/when I ever get into reloading it would be nice to have some empty cases waiting. :)

BassCliff

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hi,

I'm ashamed to say I have not been picking up my brass. I plan to start doing so. I've been shooting less than a year with less than a dozen trips to the range. I estimate that I've left about 2000 brass casings on the ground, or swept them up and gave them to the range. (I've also shot a bit of aluminum and steel.) If/when I ever get into reloading it would be nice to have some empty cases waiting. :)

BassCliff
Or others will buy once fired brass from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Got ammo?
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Hi,

Don't fall for it!

Thankfully it's not this bad yet. :D

BassCliff

Reactions: clueless88