Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Got ammo?
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends and neighbors,

I've purchased myself my first holster. I say "first" because, like most of you, I may want to try others in the future but decided this would be a good first holster. I also ordered Mrs. BassCliff a belly band and a left hand draw IWB holster from Alien Gear. I'll pick up her Kahr CW9 on Dec. 1st.

The backing material is comfy and the kydex shell looks good, lots of bang for your buck here. It came with extra hardware, screws, spacers, etc, to adjust retention.

Here's the back side with the belt loops, 1.5 inches, just like my Daltech Force gun belt.

It looks like a pretty thin profile.

My XD9 fits perfectly. I may have to adjust the retention a bit. It's pretty snug.

Please pardon the bathroom photos but this is how it looks when not concealed.

This is a thin work shirt, the "breathable wicking" material, but it doesn't seem to print that badly.

In fact, I've been walking around the house all evening with my unloaded pistol in my new holster and Mrs. BassCliff hasn't noticed a thing. We will both be training with our holsters at our next training session in two weeks. Then I'll start paperwork on my CCW. Wish me luck. Thanks for putting up with this old noob. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: Pandaz3

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats! Better set aside a separate drawer for all of your holsters!!! We’ve all been there.

For range work, OWB is the way to go. I personally use KT Mech for me & Mrs XDJYo. They’re a bit more low profile in that they don’t have any exposed edges. Hopefully, your hand won’t meet a bloody end to a training day.

For CCW, I prefer IWB. I have a Galco King Tuk. Nice and comfy and conceals a full size service pistol nicely.

My 1911 though gets leather from Milt Sparks. just awesome!

An XD9 SC is probably in your future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Nice writeup. Like most here, that holster is one of five or so in my drawer and gets occasional use, usually in the winter. Keep this guy in mind when you get more experience and training.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For my Beretta 92. I love Tucker Gun Leather OWB. I have several Vedders. But IWB with my Hellcat I prefer my BlackArch Holster Protos-M. I use to use a Hanks belt but after a very short time it was warped. I swapped to a Kore. Hopefully it will last longer

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
El Paso Saddlery or Tucker
I dont do plastic holsters.
Leather to me much more forgiving and comfortable.

I carry owb and wear an undershirt so I dont have the gun/skin contact.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Congrats! Better set aside a separate drawer for all of your holsters!!! We’ve all been there.

For range work, OWB is the way to go. I personally use KT Mech for me & Mrs XDJYo. They’re a bit more low profile in that they don’t have any exposed edges. Hopefully, your hand won’t meet a bloody end to a training day.

For CCW, I prefer IWB. I have a Galco King Tuk. Nice and comfy and conceals a full size service pistol nicely.

My 1911 though gets leather from Milt Sparks. just awesome!

An XD9 SC is probably in your future!
Yes, I was thinking this holster would be used primarily practicing at the range. I also have the feeling that I may be collecting a few more holsters and pistols. The right tool for the right job, right? If/when I use IWB I'm sure I'll "need" a more compact pistol. Thanks for the holster recommendations. I'll add those to my list. :)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

Nice writeup. Like most here, that holster is one of five or so in my drawer and gets occasional use, usually in the winter. Keep this guy in mind when you get more experience and training.
Thanks! I was hoping this would be a good first holster. The Russelmade holsters look great, another to add to my list.

For my Beretta 92. I love Tucker Gun Leather OWB. I have several Vedders. But IWB with my Hellcat I prefer my BlackArch Holster Protos-M. I use to use a Hanks belt but after a very short time it was warped. I swapped to a Kore. Hopefully it will last longer
My belt was recommended by my instructor. I bought two of them, one a little bigger than the other. I'll also window shop Tucker, Vedder, and BlackArch. Thanks!

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

El Paso Saddlery or Tucker
I dont do plastic holsters.
Leather to me much more forgiving and comfortable.

I carry owb and wear an undershirt so I dont have the gun/skin contact.
Those look nice, a bit worn, broken in, comfortable, like old friends. I like how small they are. Are these all leather or leather covered kydex? I appreciate the pictures and the recommendations. Good stuff. :)

BassCliff

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Hi,

Those look nice, a bit worn, broken in, comfortable, like old friends. I like how small they are. Are these all leather or leather covered kydex? I appreciate the pictures and the recommendations. Good stuff. :)

BassCliff
Yes well worn both have been in use for several yrs.
NO PLASTIC 100% leather.
I have a few others that I “tried” but these are the two main players.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts