Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Your a better man than me - I'd rather carry a good sharp knife than a NAA
Mine goes Bang every time I ask it too and I think 22 Magnum is a good self defense round, Big Noise, Big Flash, Big Penetration,

After I started carrying my XDS 45 I bought a seven shot double action S&W 351PD in 22 Mag, I carried it during the recall.

The only drawbacks to the NAA as a EDC is it is a single action with only five shots and very slow if you need to reload. I have bigger grips on mine now which really helped with accuracy,

Reactions: BassCliff

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine goes Bang every time I ask it too and I think 22 Magnum is a good self defense round, Big Noise, Big Flash, Big Penetration,

After I started carrying my XDS 45 I bought a seven shot double action S&W 351PD in 22 Mag, I carried it during the recall.

The only drawbacks to the NAA as a EDC is it is a single action with only five shots and very slow if you need to reload. I have bigger grips on mine now which really helped with accuracy,
My concern isn't with how reliable the NAA are. I have never had a failure or any issues with the models iv handled. I think there beautiful well built guns. My problem with them, is just that my problem & my problem is I can't shoot them worth a poop lol.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi,

I have a Rough Rider, and it sport the 22 magnum cylinder mostly, but has the 22 LR also. About the same price maybe $10 cheaper five years ago. I have a Kel-Tek PMR-30 also that is pure fun, but it eats the expensive ammo quick! I also have a NAA Mini convertible (who knows where that 22 LR cylinder is for it) and a Henry deluxe lever action rifle in 22 Magnum.

The NAA Mini is what I carried for near two years as my EDC until my XDS45.

I like the 22 Magnum round.
Until the family started training together, I hadn't shot a .22 since I was a kid. I forgot how much fun they are. Those little NAA pistols are darling. They seem VERY concealable and with .22 mags would be quite a deterrent. What's really caught my eye lately is that S333 Thunderstruck .22mag "volly gun", a double barrelled pistol that shoots two bullets at once. But again, it's not practical for me right now. I just want it all. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi,

Wow a tactical 22lr, 6 shot, single action, revolver action rifle 😆
Yeah! I want to see what that looks like. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi guys,

My concern isn't with how reliable the NAA are. I have never had a failure or any issues with the models iv handled. I think there beautiful well built guns. My problem with them, is just that my problem & my problem is I can't shoot them worth a poop lol.
I can see where these small .22mag pistols would be handy in very close quartered self-defense situations. Maybe even an ankle carry for backup? Oh, the possibilities. I just want them all. :p

BassCliff

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, just gotta have a 22 in the collection. If it hasn’t been mentioned before, make sure you Don’t dry fire your 22 without having snap caps installed. It will peen the edges of the chambers and will prevent loading. I picked up a Single Six that the previous owner had practiced his “cowboy QuickDraw” with and dinged up every chamber. Fortunately I got it cheap and was able to fix it. Fun little guns!!
As a side note 22Mag back in January was selling for .07 cents a round so hopefully we’ll get back there sometime.

·
Registered
19,865 Posts
Hi,

Hey! Wow! That would be pretty cool. Legal where? I doubt California. They don't let us have much of any fun here. :rolleyes: That is, unless you want to be an Antifa rioter, um, protester. :ROFLMAO:

BassCliff
probably even in California. It just becomes a 22l rifle then.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi,

Congrats on your purchase, just gotta have a 22 in the collection. If it hasn’t been mentioned before, make sure you Don’t dry fire your 22 without having snap caps installed. It will peen the edges of the chambers and will prevent loading. I picked up a Single Six that the previous owner had practiced his “cowboy QuickDraw” with and dinged up every chamber. Fortunately I got it cheap and was able to fix it. Fun little guns!!
As a side note 22Mag back in January was selling for .07 cents a round so hopefully we’ll get back there sometime.
Yes, thanks for the reminder. Because this SAO pistol has a real hammer and firing pin you will cause damage when dry firing it. We won't be practicing any "quick draw". :D I recently bought a brick of 800, was about 8¢ a round for .22LR. I'll have to keep my eye out for the .22 mag in the big box stores I frequent. They tend to keep their prices somewhat normal. The smaller, independent, mom-n-pop shops like to make a little extra profit on their ammo sales. It's a little difficult to find .22WMR around these parts. We take what we can get. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi guys,

I can see where these small .22mag pistols would be handy in very close quartered self-defense situations. Maybe even an ankle carry for backup? Oh, the possibilities. I just want them all. :p

BassCliff
I already have my dream ankle gun Ruger LCRX 9mm

Again I'm in California so I can't carry conceal but if I by some miracle ever get my ccw this would be my ankle carry choice. Its only 5 shots and I would rather attempt to throw my pistol at a attacker than to attempt to reload it for a second time 😅. Recoil on this little guy is a hand full. This is the only pistol that I load with hollowpoints. I want a 22lr snub nose revolver and im sure il have 1 by the end of the year. I see a Taurus 2" 942 in 22LR in my future.

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi,

I just wanted to check out the rifle model of this pistol. How cool is this? ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi,

I already have my dream ankle gun Ruger LCRX 9mm
View attachment 830003
View attachment 830004
Again I'm in California so I can't carry conceal but if I by some miracle ever get my ccw this would be my ankle carry choice. Its only 5 shots and I would rather attempt to throw my pistol at a attacker than to attempt to reload it for a second time 😅. Recoil on this little guy is a hand full. This is the only pistol that I load with hollowpoints. I want a 22lr snub nose revolver and im sure il have 1 by the end of the year. I see a Taurus 2" 942 in 22LR in my future.
That is very cool, perfect for ankle carry backup. I'm in San Bernardino County and have begun my CCW quest. I have an initial interview in March. We'll see how it goes.

BassCliff

·
Registered
106 Posts
Greetings Patriots,

Today I freed up a little cutie from "gun jail". It'll be good for my daughter to learn gun safety and for all of us to have some fun plinking with it. It's a Heritage Arms Rough Rider, .22LR/WMR. I picked it up from one of my favorite LGS, Norco Armory.

While I was there I also picked up a 50 round box of .22 magnum ammo. We've got an 800 round brick of .22LR but I wanted to introduce my daughter to the bigger bang too. I picked up another nylon brush just because. When I got home Mrs. BassCliff was outside getting the mail. I got a nice big poster, sales brochure, and a decal from Hornady to put on my ammo box. ;)

Fifty rounds of .22 mag was $20 at this shop. (Wow, forty cents a round for .22 ammo. Oh well.) I'll have to add this purchase to my "ammo ramblings" thread. :D Well, let's open the box and see what we got.

I think it's a cute little cowboy style six shooter, a single action revolver with the extra .22WMR cylinder and cocobolo grips. (I had to look up cocobolo to see if it was real wood.) :p Of course, the first thing I did was take it apart to check out both cylinders and clean it up a little.

I'm looking forward to shooting this thing. Hopefully my daughter will let me. Mrs. BassCliff hasn't let me shoot her pistol yet. 🙄 I tell ya, I get no respect around here. 🤣

As soon as I can I'll post up a range report. It should be good family fun!

BassCliff
I own one of these SA Revolvers and its fun to shoot , I often use it to dispatch Wild Hogs or Coyotes in my traps.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You have sure been on a roll lately. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Reactions: BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi guys,

Awesome wish you the best on that
Thank you! I've got a thread started where I've been documenting my journey. We'll see how it goes.

I own one of these SA Revolvers and its fun to shoot , I often use it to dispatch Wild Hogs or Coyotes in my traps.
Unfortunately I can't use it for varmints here in suburbia. I don't think the neighbors would mind but the LEO might. :D

You have sure been on a roll lately. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Yeah, I waste a lot of electrons having my fun. If anyone else has fun looking at my ramblings, well that's just gravy. 🤣 I'm trying to get up to speed as quickly and safely as possible. Maybe it'll help other noobs. Maybe the experienced shooters will get a good laugh. I figure I can always be used as a bad example, how NOT to do something. 😆

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi,

Oh, hey! While I'm here, how about a couple pictures of my little gun family?

The XD-9 and the CW9 are cool but they don't have the retro cool vibe of the Heritage. ;)

BassCliff

·
Registered
Got ammo?
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi,

CW9 awesome pistol
Mrs. BassCliff loves her pistol. I did quite a bit of research to find one that fit her, had to be a single stack and light enough for her to use and carry. It's only been to the range once so it's not quite broken in. She hasn't even let me shoot it yet. ;)

BassCliff

21 - 40 of 45 Posts