Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little embarassed to ask this, but is the slide on the two tone stainless steel, or is it a silver colored finish? I bought one, and the guys at the shop said they were pretty sure it was stainless. Pretty sure isn't a very good answer, so I went to the S.A. web site and couldn't find an answer there, either!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Everything I've ever read says its stainless. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too, but haven't found an official answer. If you saw my post about ejectors, you know I had them on the phone and didn't think to ask :? . I guess I was focused...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read a previous, pre-hack, post commenting that someone had contacted SA with this question. While whoever they reached did confirm that the slide was stainless, they were not able to comment on the type of stainless.

I know someone had polished their XD. I think it was Chrome (the user).

It ended up lokking stainless. However, so does a polished barrel.. are the barrels also stainless finsihed in black then? Or is that normal steel poilsed up to resemble stainless?

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
The slide is stainless but there are different grades of stainless. Springfield couldn't tell me what grade of stainless is used in the making of the XD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts