Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a XDs9 and in the case there were two mags one 7 and one 8 round. Two back straps and a extra base plate for mag. Wondering if the extra base is for the 7 round mag or just extra for the 8 round. It would be great if both were the same length. I was surprised at the felt recoil of the XD against my Ruger LC9s. The Ruger seems to have less recoil.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Two back straps and a extra base plate for mag. Wondering if the extra base is for the 7 round mag or just extra for the 8 round.
The extra "base plate" (I'm guessing it's the grip extension for the 8-rounf magazine?) is to match the different backstrap contour. The backstrap that is installed on the gun and the extension installed on the 8-round magazine match, so if you switch to the other backstrap you'll want to switch grip extension as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right and thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought a XDs9 and in the case there were two mags one 7 and one 8 round. Two back straps and a extra base plate for mag. Wondering if the extra base is for the 7 round mag or just extra for the 8 round. It would be great if both were the same length. I was surprised at the felt recoil of the XD against my Ruger LC9s. The Ruger seems to have less recoil.
I'm assuming you bought the 4" model since the 3.3 includes 2 regular mags and no X-Tension mag. Or are they now shipping an X-Tension mag with the 3.3 package? I'm also assuming you got a 9 round mag and the "8 round" was a typo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it was a 3.3 model. One 7 round mag and one 8 round mag. Just got it Sat.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'm assuming you bought the 4" model since the 3.3 includes 2 regular mags and no X-Tension mag. Or are they now shipping an X-Tension mag with the 3.3 package? I'm also assuming you got a 9 round mag and the "8 round" was a typo.
The new gear package for the 3.3 is a standard flush mag (5 or 7) and one of the new +1 extended mags (6 or 8).

·
Registered
265 Posts
The new gear package for the 3.3 is a standard flush mag (5 or 7) and one of the new +1 extended mags (6 or 8).
Thanks for the clarification, that is what I was sensing but not sure. I would have preferred one of each in my package but not a biggie since I usually by at least 5 mags for each gun. For my XDS and XD subcompact, that means 5 regular plus 5 X-Tension mags.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not really sure why, but I have always bought 6 mags for my autos. IN the Case of the XDs (4 inch) I have 3 flush 5 rounders and 3 7 rounders. I only had to pay for 1 extra as two came with it and I got an additional 3 in the Special they had going on.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not really sure why, but I have always bought 6 mags for my autos. IN the Case of the XDs (4 inch) I have 3 flush 5 rounders and 3 7 rounders. I only had to pay for 1 extra as two came with it and I got an additional 3 in the Special they had going on.
I prefer at least 10 mags for my semi-autos that I compete with, train with, and/or carry. 5 mags are dedicated to training/range/competition, and 3 are dedicated to carry. This way my carry mags don't get unnecessarily abused. The other 2 (or more) I keep as spares. Mags are wear items and you can never have too many.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts