Hello everyone,
Just read a gun review article and the author stated that the 92f
mags will work on the XD.
Any truth to this.

J J

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, but they will need slight alteration to make them work. I believe they will be a bit to tall so you might have to shave a little off the top of the mag lips. Don't qoute me on this, all I know is that they need a little work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have both of these guns..... I don't know if it's possible to do the Beretta mag in the XD, but the XD-40 mag doesn't fit the Beretta 92FS. I thought the 9mm and the .40 S&W mags were the same size in the XD.... I don't know though.

I'm curious why you would want to use the Beretta mags in the XD though. The XD mags are cheaper when comparing factory mags.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahhh... we cross-posted..... If you have a bunch of Beretta mags I can see why you might want to modify them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep i got a ton of them.
I have a 9mm conversion barrel in the mail and thought i would put
the barreta mags to work, but in second thought ill just pick up some
XD 9mm mags.
no telling what might get messed up with the barreta mags.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have a Beretta CX4 Storm. I modified a few Beretta mags to fit the XD so I can carry interchangeable magazines if I choose to do so. The Beretta mags stick out the bottom of the XD a half inch or so, so what?

·
Registered
137 Posts
back before standard (high cap) mags were allowed again, springfield put a flyer in with new xd's offering berreta 92 mags for sale.
they had a caution !! included.which said that the beretta mags were longer and that if you slammed the mags in hard it could break the ejectors.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I bought one of those mags from a guy on gunbroker and ended up sending it back because it would not lock the slide back after the last round(I never took it to range I hand cycled it). I loaded 4 or 5 rounds then hand cycled them and it would not lock back after the last round and a normal xd mag will. if you have a beretta mag look at the mag follower and you will notice that it is shapped slightly different then the one from an xd mag. What happens is because of its shape the slide catch in the beretta mag is slightly smaller.

Just my 2 cents of experience!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts