Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new XD 40 SC and I was wondering if the ere are any conversion barrels for 357 SIG as well as 9mm. Will the 9mm SC barrel just drop in and/or could you use the longer barrels from the 4 or 5 inch guns? This is my first post, and I hope I am not re-hashing old questions.

Bob :?:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The barrels for the 3" are supposed to be here some time in the near future. That's the rumor from the manufacturer.

The barrels from the 4" and 5" models will interchange with each other, but you can't use a 4" or 5" barrel in a 3" model gun.

As far as I know, you can't take a factory 9mm barrel from a 9mm gun and put it in a .40 gun (although if you had both, there wouldn't be much point in doing that). Also, when the aftermarket barrels do arrive, I suspect they'll be like the 4" and 5" inchers -- .40 and .357 will be able to interchange with each other, and be able to go to 9mm, but 9mm will have no conversion options.

And welcome to the board. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Is the manufacturer going to be firedragon or bar-sto or someone else?

Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wait a second... You mean I can spend , say $160 for a new barrel and be able to fire .357 SIG or .45GAP from my XD 40? Sign me up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
jonnjonnzz said:
Wait a second... You mean I can spend , say $160 for a new barrel and be able to fire .357 SIG or .45GAP from my XD 40? Sign me up!
The 45 Gap does not convert due to the case head being to large. The .40 will however accept .357sig and 9mm convertion barrels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
jonnjonnzz said:
The 45 Gap does not convert due to the case head being to large. The .40 will however accept .357sig and 9mm convertion barrels. The .40 mags will also work for the .35sig in stock form and will work for 9mm with a slight tweak to the feed lips.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Anybody know of any 3" SC barrels now - several months later?? Ive looked everywhere but find nothing. Maybe any future plans of having one?

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
It will most likely be a very long time before a conversion barrel is available for the XDSC. Because the barrel profile is so different, the cost of tooling is going to be an issue from what I have heard. Beyond that, EFK is having trouble meeting the demand for the current offering, hence the reason we have been out of stock for nearly 60 days.

OS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts