Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have a HS2K Gen1 and want to purchase a new recoil spring and magazines, but not sure of my barrel length.

Did the HS2K Gen1 only come in 1 length, and if so, what was it, 3 or 4?

May sound like a silly question, but where do you measure the barrel from?
If I measure from where the round enters the barrel, I get 4" to end.
If I measure from where the barrel becomes the barrel (tapers to round) then I get 3".
This will help me decide which recoil spring I need to get.

Also, which mags should I order for my HS2K Gen1 9mm:
- The Springfield "Factory Magazines"
- Springfield Armory OEM 10 Round Magazine
- Pro Mag XD replacement Magazines

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Nick

·
Registered
235 Posts
Barrel length on semi-autos is measured from the chamber opening to the muzzle(with revolvers, forcing cone to muzzle). So, 4 inches is correct. If the stock unit functions fine for you you, why mess with it? We like to assume that the engineers are capable of designing a great pistol, but somehow incapable of designing what is probably the least complicated part(the recoil spring). Hope this helps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The slide feels a little loose to me when closed. If I put just a little rearward force on the slide, the slide moves and disables the weapon.
The spring is the dual stage type and I think the first stage is a little weak.

Can someone provide experienced info on the magazine type/maker best for the weapon? :?:

Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
The HS Gen 1 only came in 4" barrel. SA factory mags are the best chioce. I have many ProMags and they work fine. But now days not much difference in price vs factory mags. Click on AJames and Old School's links in my signature block and check out their web stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts