Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever try them? If so, did they work ok and which did you have. More for asthetics than anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My father-in-law has an EFK comp and an EFK dual-action recoil spring. After adding both of those, there was a considerable reduction in recoil over the stock spring and rod. We both feel that the felt recoil and muzzle flip is very close to that of a 9mm now. Estetically, yes the compensator does look great. But i think it also does its job when it comes to reducing the ammount of muzzle flip.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
My father-in-law has an EFK comp and an EFK dual-action recoil spring. After adding both of those, there was a considerable reduction in recoil over the stock spring and rod. We both feel that the felt recoil and muzzle flip is very close to that of a 9mm now. Estetically, yes the compensator does look great. But i think it also does its job when it comes to reducing the ammount of muzzle flip.
Added weight at the front of a pistol will do that. Unless it is attached to the barrel it doesnt really do that much.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
that may be. i'm no scientist, but i do see a difference. thats all that matters to me.
I had one on the attached 1911 for over 5 years and the added weight did help with the recoil allowing me to get back on target quickly. On a whim, I replaced the bushing with a match bushing and it immediately dropped over 1" off my groups. Though it did reduce the recoil the tolerances were off and thus it was less accurate.

The EFK may be a higher quality and have tighter tolerances than the ones Ive seen. The bushing I had ended up on ebay.

·
Registered
968 Posts
There is not nearly enough surface area on the bushing comps for the gases to act on for them to be effective. The 45acp round is such a low pressure round that any comp wouldn't have much effect. As mentioned earlier, the extra weight does make some difference.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I was going more for looks than anything but really sounds like it's better to get a match bushing than anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts