Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was oiling the barrel of my Tactical today when I felt a "shelf" or a bump in the barrel profile about 2" before the end. Is this a normal aspect of the barrel profile (kind of like a 1911 conical bull barrel) or do I have a barrel bulge? I can't imagine why I would...I've only put about 100 rounds through this particular XD45.

-T

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
The bulge should be at the end of the barrel I dont know about that far up in the middle of the barrel. Can you post a picture that has an arrow or something pointing to the exact spot just to make sure we are on the same page.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good Question... You got me looking at my Barrel. And it too is at this same point.. I would say that this is Normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand this is one thing SA did to improve the HS2000 (as well as make the grip safety wider and change the rear slide rails (?) on the frame from metal to plastic). Was this to improve barrel to slide fit?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Jeff the grip safety is the same and so are the rear rails...they have always been polymer and part of the frame. The barrel bulge on the tactical who knows. The tactical hs2000 was never imported into the US but the tactical hs2000`s out there around the world now are the exact same thing as an xd minus the SA markings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems like I remember reading a G&A article on the subject when SA first started to import the XD and then comparing my XD to my fathers HS2000 and seeing the above mentioned differences. Maybe I'm wrong??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts