Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a load for the Barnes 45acp bullet (185gr) using WW231? The loads on Barnes web site use 3 powders all of which I've never heard of. They had a link to a site that had loads using WW231 but it cost $29.95 to see it.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
No load with 231 and I doubt anyone will have one unless they've been to that $29.95 site. I checked the Barnes site and they list Ramshot Silhouette and Hodgdon Longshot. At the Ramshot website they show data using ZIP, True Blue and Silhouette. ZIP is very much like W-231 except it burns cleaner. Best performance comes with Silhouette which is treated to have low flash. Longshot is not a powder I use and had slightly better velocity than Silhouette but it's not treated for flash and has a reputation for being excessively loud. You may be forced to buy one of these powders so be prepared. This is an expensive bullet so your best bet may be to add some Silhouette. I use it in .45 ACP when I want higher velocity loads with the 185 gr. Golden Saber with low flash for SD. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts