Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away awhile. When last I heard, our heroes (Bar-sto, I believe) were beta-testing a drop-in user-adjustable trigger, to be sold by Brownells (or some other). What's the status of this? Is it available?
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Old School said:
I think Bar-Sto gave up on the idea. I may be wrong, someone please correct me.
I do believe your correct sir.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
Old School said:
I think Bar-Sto gave up on the idea. I may be wrong, someone please correct me.
I do believe your correct sir.
Same here, I think I remember hearing/reading Bob H say something along the lines that it wasn't going to be cost effective. Could be thinking of something else but I'm fairly sure this was dropped.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
If someonehad a small shop, they could make some on the side and make some money at it. May not be a market for thousands of them but there sure is a market for several hundred.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, thanks for the replies. It sucks, but thanks anyway. I love my XD, and if I had one handgun to take to a bad place, that would be it. It's not my nightstand gun (that's a .45). I just wish I could shorten the take up.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
manowar669 said:
Well, thanks for the replies. It sucks, but thanks anyway. I love my XD, and if I had one handgun to take to a bad place, that would be it. It's not my nightstand gun (that's a .45). I just wish I could shorten the take up.
If that is all you want, send it to Rich. It will be better than any DIY kit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Old School said:
+1 on that, I sent mine to Rich for some work back in early summer and never had any idea how good the trigger could be until Rich worked on it. Butter smooth, with little take up, overtravel, or reset; I can't recomend Rich's work enough.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
j2fast said:
Old School said:
+1 on that, I sent mine to Rich for some work back in early summer and never had any idea how good the trigger could be until Rich worked on it. Butter smooth, with little take up, overtravel, or reset; I can't recomend Rich's work enough.
+3 'Yup thats Right I have three XD's and all three been to Rich

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have two XDs with Rich's trigger jobs. That has been the best aftermarket money I've ever spent on a gun. I guess I've gotten spoiled though. I shot another deputy's brand new bone-stock XD at our last range. What a difference that was! Contact Rich. He's quick and the trigger jobs on my two guns are almost precisely the same now.

Good luck

MC

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts