Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all,

I recently purchased a semi drop in barrel from Bar sto (thru a distributor) for my service .45. I was amped about getting the barrel and maybe doing some minor fitting. I recieved the barrel and noticed that the barrel actually sits recessed below the slide face about .015. I also noticed that the hood width on the barrel is about .008 more narrow than the stock barrel. There's some other things that seem squirelly with the barrel, Like there's a flat on the underside of the new barrel. I've provided pictures to bar sto and called everyday for a week for clarification, I keep getting the run around. I just wanted to confirm this is "standard" before I go and dork with the barrel. My fear is the barrel is actually for a xdm, even though the paperwork say xd. I'm not used to seeing a barrel recessed below the slide face and all that I know about the barrel fit says the hood should have about .003 per side, not .006.

Just wondering if anyone has a barsto .45 service installed that can help clarify this.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I installed a Bar-Sto in a Glock 36, required some fitting, but wasn't too bad.
That barrel sure doesn't look like it is for that gun. I'd suck up to Bar-Sto, (know you all are busy, hard to get good help, etc, etc, (very Polite) send them the pictures that you posted, ask what you need to do.
Good luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed a Bar-Sto in a Glock 36, required some fitting, but wasn't too bad.
That barrel sure doesn't look like it is for that gun. I'd suck up to Bar-Sto, (know you all are busy, hard to get good help, etc, etc, (very Polite) send them the pictures that you posted, ask what you need to do.
Good luck
I'll second that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already sent pics and have asked for help for the last week. All I get is the default, oh well we'll have Mr. Stone take a look at the pics and we'll call you back.

Really hard to back up a company that can't give you 5 minutes of tech time to answer some questions.

I hoping someone out there has the same setup so I can compare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a Barso barrel for my Glock 27. I was suprised the od of the barrel was smaller than the OEM barrel. I had to remove some material from the hood to get it to fit, but then...

It would not extract the fired case, I have found others with this issue. It appears the hood needs some extractor clearance. I also sent them pictures.

Barsto said is was the alloy ammo, so I tried reloads and when the same thing happened they asked for me to send them the barrel. I Finally recieved an e-mail of the ups tracking, my barrel is on it's way home.

The service is not fast, and I don't know the results, but they are doing something. The e-mail replys took a least a week.

I just hope they did not remove any material from the hood making it fit looser in my gun, if they did this I will be complaining and going elseware for the purchasing of barrels for my G24, and XDm 40.

xpshooter

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
howdy all,

I recently purchased a semi drop in barrel from Bar sto (thru a distributor) for my service .45. I was amped about getting the barrel and maybe doing some minor fitting. I recieved the barrel and noticed that the barrel actually sits recessed below the slide face about .015. I also noticed that the hood width on the barrel is about .008 more narrow than the stock barrel. There's some other things that seem squirelly with the barrel, Like there's a flat on the underside of the new barrel. I've provided pictures to bar sto and called everyday for a week for clarification, I keep getting the run around. I just wanted to confirm this is "standard" before I go and dork with the barrel. My fear is the barrel is actually for a xdm, even though the paperwork say xd. I'm not used to seeing a barrel recessed below the slide face and all that I know about the barrel fit says the hood should have about .003 per side, not .006.

Just wondering if anyone has a barsto .45 service installed that can help clarify this.
I bought a Bar Sto barrel 10mm to 40 S&w conversion for my G20.

I had to send it back along with the gun ($150 total in shipping because it had to go over night, the only way they will accept it), and after 2 weeks, they sent it back, it fit fine then but I realized that my reloads were having problems with FTF. Now after 1500 rounds of both stock and reloaded ammo it shoots like a dream.

But all the work I had to put into it to get it there, I will never get another one from them.

Good luck with your barrel problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

After about a month, I got my barrel back today. :)

I am not real impressed with what I consider to be a hack job. I can post pics if you would like to see. The reason I consider it sub par is because it appears they used a belt sander free hand on the bottom edges of the locking pad, it is now curved on both sides and not the same on each side.

I am also dissapointed with the fact that their rework of the hood looks like rushed through the job the metal work it is just not finished well. :sad:

In addition the barrel does not shoot blazer aluminim cased ammo, not really a big deal. Plus it did not extract some of my heaver loads. This could have been the brass. Fortunatly, It does appear to work with some of my light reloads.

I will have to try it some more and get the chronograph out to see where I am at.

The bottom line for me is, when I bought the barrel it looked great, I had to send it in, Ok I can live with that. But now I got it back and seen the quality of their rework, I think I will look elseware for my next barrels. :-?

Their web site states that their barrel will not make the gun any less reliable. I do not agree.

xpshooter

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My Bar Sto experience was less than great! Had a Bar Sto barrel custom fit by Daniel at PRP for my 9mm XDM. After about 500 rounds the recoil spring tab BROKE! Sheared right off. Apparently it was a design defect and PRP had several customers with the same problem. They fully refunded my money and I called Bar Sto who admitted they had a problem and were working on a new design. Once they redesigned their barrel, I sent my XDM to them for a barrel fit. They offered a big discount since I had experienced a problem with their previous barrel and promised to expedite my order. They promised they would have it back to me in 3 weeks. Well.....3 months later and multiple phone calls I finally got it back. My accuracy with the new barrel was crap and I had cycling problems. Just went back to the stock match barrel and no problems since. I won't be getting anymore Bar Sto barrels anytime soon.
:cry:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm glad now that I canceled my order for their 357Sig barrel for my Beretta 96FS,they had a 16-20 week wait(b-s).I got a Storm Lake 357Sig barrel for my XDM40 and it looks and works better than the stock,it shoots groups so good, I couldn't be happier.My suggestion would be to demand a full refund and get a Storm Lake,You should be happy with it.
P.S. when I emailed Bar-sto to cancel my order they never sent any confirmation or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.