Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been watchin this forum for a while and finally had something worthy enough to post. Does anyone know what are some good household things to use to be able to so to say "capture a bullet" as in have the bullet at maximum expansion but not destroyed. I have heard milk jugs and bath towels will work. Maybe someone else knows something I dont? Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I was doing a lot of bullet testing getting ready for an elk hunting trip past fall and I was using phone books bolted together and soaked overnight in water. My 270 win with 140 grain trophy bonded bearclaw bullet manage about 12-14 inches of wet phone book at about 150 yards. The bullets expended beautiful and retained over 90% of their original mass in this case. Make sure you bolt or tape them together before you soak them as the swell up pretty good as then soak up the water.

Just an idea
mcb

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
If you really want to do some accurate testing you would have to use a human or animal body (these are household products so to speak). Using phone books, wood, water jugs etc isn't going to tell you a whole lot about what it's like to shoot a living being. Best they got besides living matter is gelatin.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Fat-man, you may not want to say that. You may actually find a person who has "parts" as a household item.

That said, "parts" is one of the strangest feelings I have ever had. I went down to the University do some testing. I had to ask the intern for my parts. He simply said they were in the bucket in the refridgerator. What was shocking is that my parts WERE in a bucket in the refridgerator.

I just stood there. Finally, he handed me two trays, got the bucket out and handed me my parts. Took me a few hours til I could deal with the parts. What was worse is that by noon, I was comfortable enough to go eat chinese food for lunch.

-Dana

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey 501st.

Do a search undre my name. You will find a pic that you like. I am just guessing this because you name is 501trooper....

-Dana

1 - 7 of 7 Posts