Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I wanted to introduce myself, I am new to the board, I have an XD45 tactical and love it, on order is a XD9 service, something a little cheaper to shoot and I want to have a gun for the wife when we go shooting together.

The XD45 is my first handgun, I rented a Glock, an HK USP and the XD and loved the XD, so bought it.

I have been learning how to shoot, and in my rifle experience, I have done some ball and dummy training and felt it added a lot. So I bought some .45 acp dummy rounds, and I mix them up in the mag so I can see if I flinch, and I do, but that is not the question.

I have done this a few times now, and for the first time today, the dummy rounds were jamming up in the slide. What would happen is I pull the trigger, no boom (dummy round) so I go to pull the slide back and it slides back about 1/4 to 1/2 inch then jams and will slide no further. I end up having to drop the mag out and then it will eject correctly.

I loaded the mag up with just dummy rounds, I have 5, and I cycle the gun, and it will not repeat this,

So it seems that it only happens when the dummy round is mixed in with live rounds....

I have not had a live round fail to cycle, so I am no too too concerned, but it does hammper my ball and dummy training exercise.

anyone have any ideas?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Might just be some cheap snap caps. I haven't done such a practice myself, though I should as it is good to practice for possible malfunctions with self-defense situations.

If you have any other .45's, or a friend with one, try to cycle these through another gun. If they fail to function properly in another firearm, you may have faulty dummies. If they work, the XD must just not like them.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's the snap caps. I have had the same thing happen. Traditions snap caps . I got maybe two hundred snaps out of them before the they started giving me trouble slowly one at a time they all went bad. Get some AZoom and try those.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that's the correct way to clear a hangup. Dropping the mag takes the pressure off the round hung up so you can clear the hangup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts