Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an XDM45 with a Viridian C5L Laser.. of course they don't have a left handed holster.. hell I don't even think Springfield has one out yet :( Is there anything else that may work with it?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Could check with Garrett Industries and look at their stuff, contact them - they are very good people to work with. I have 2 of their Silent Thunder holsters in left hand, one for my XDM and the other for my PM9 - I don't think you can beat the quality and thought put into the design not to mention the fast turnaround.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a leather one and a Serpa from Blackhawk that say they are for the XD but they fit the XDM well.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Southpaw here but I despise lasers on pistols so I've never had that problem.

·
Registered
17,492 Posts
CrossBreed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could check with Garrett Industries and look at their stuff, contact them - they are very good people to work with. I have 2 of their Silent Thunder holsters in left hand, one for my XDM and the other for my PM9 - I don't think you can beat the quality and thought put into the design not to mention the fast turnaround.
Sweet.. found their home page.. looks like they have some nice stuff =) Will see what they have, but they seem to be what I'm looking for!! :)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

I'm slowly seeing things your way... After the initial "gee whizz" wears off, there's not much going for a laser. Maybe it's the Luddite in me?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Yep, I can draw and fire faster with iron sights than I can draw and try to find the little red dot then fire.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I like to know my irons in case the laser dies, but I like a laser. It's like point shooting without the need for extensive training. I'd like a Viridian for my M4 so I could tell it from the red dot better. I actually got a holster for my PT709 with Crimson Trace, but I mostly wind up using it for my Para P12 with no laser. Oh, and that's all left handed.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
this

Yep, I can draw and fire faster with iron sights than I can draw and try to find the little red dot then fire.
although I'm still thinking of a red dot

not the laser style though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts