Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the XD9 to the range for the first time yesterday, Man I love this gun!! I shot 200 rounds of WWB through it without a hiccup... Well Almost, I had 1 round not fire. I waited a bit then ejected it. The bullet looks dimpeled deep enough.. What do you guys think?? Maybe just a bad primer?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
That is definitely a bad primer. The "hit" from the firing pin is solid.
Oh well, I hope it never happens again. I've been shooting since the late 70s and I think I may have had 1 dud in all that time.

Looks like some good shooting, keep it up. Be safe and have more fun. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shot the gun on sand bags first to "get the feel " of it:

Then standing:

Shots from 20yrds.. I just started shhoting so be nice.

Jeremy

·
Registered
401 Posts

25 metres standing. I know its not an XD or HS2000 but Im still waiting for one to arrive.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
What kind of pistol is that?
Looks like a lot of fun and I want one too!

:shock:

What caliber? 5" barrel?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Looks to me like a Tanfoglio, maybe in Wonder finish, with a target slide.
Also known as a EAA Witness. Available in 10mm :!: :!:, though I suspect this one is a 9mm.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Thanks for the info Snake!
I like it and will have to see one soon. A "Tangerinefigleo"? Oh well, it looks cool :mrgreen:

I'll call the gunshop on tuesday and ask them if they have any Tangerinefigleos in stock. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It's one of the most comfortable feeling pistols I've ever held. Priced right, too. Heavy trigger, especially in the double action mode, but it can be improved.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its a Tanfoglio XL-4 in 40 cal. In America , as already stated, they are know as a EAA Witness. I dont own it anymore. The government took it from me and put it in a hydraulic press on bent it till it broke. The finish is the standard finish, nothing special just that I keep my pistols very very clean. When I handed it in the Police officer asked if it had ever been shot.
mulder

·
Registered
334 Posts

i never tire posting this pic.. :oops: :p ..ruger sp101 with lasergrips...which explains the group.....only way i could shoot like that!!!

Its a Tanfoglio XL-4 in 40 cal. In America , as already stated, they are know as a EAA Witness. I dont own it anymore. The government took it from me and put it in a hydraulic press on bent it till it broke. The finish is the standard finish, nothing special just that I keep my pistols very very clean. When I handed it in the Police officer asked if it had ever been shot.
truly a sad day to destroy such a piece... :shock: :x :evil:

mike

PS sorry to hijack the thread....i have had a couple of bad primers in the past....reloads and wwb i believe...use it to practice tap rack drill

·
Registered
260 Posts
mulder said:
mulder
Wow, that's a shame your weapon was confiscated. Did you get paid the value of the gun at least? Look on the bright side, though. You and your fellow citizens probably feel a lot safer now that your gun has been mashed. (sorry, couldn't find a sarcasm emoticon.)

WyoBob

·
Registered
401 Posts
Got paid more than I paid for it. Bought an STI Trojan in 38 super.
As for crying there were tissues in the van for those who watched their toys destroyed and were a bit emotional.
Oh yeah I feel safe alright knowing that I cant protect myself because my pistols are locked away and I cannot CCW and that one slip up on my part can land me in jail for up to 14 years and yet someone who has no licence can carry one and get little or no jail time. A woman in Newcastle shot her flat mate in the arm with an illegal pistol and got 12 months periodoc detention ( read weekend jail) and she will only have to serve 9 months if she behaves and yet one person I know was in a car accident on the way home from a pistol comp and because someone took the pistols from the car ( that someone was a licenced friend who, with the permission of the owner) while he and his wife were transported to hospital. He is now fighting to keep his licence and pistols. Great world we live in when we look after the crime better than the innocent law abiding citizen.
mulder

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Thanks for your interesting posts Mulder. Good to hear from someone in Austrailia. I would like to visit sometime, but surely won't ever want to live there :|

·
Registered
401 Posts
Living here is pretty good. I have meet a couple of Americans who have spent time here and didnt want to go home. Stay out of the cities and you will love it. I still dont know why people rave about Sydney, to me its a place I visit and cannot wait to get out of.
mulder
PS We do not have kangaroos running down the main street of Sydney but I have seen them close to our main street. Koalas are not common and can only be found in a few places. We have the worlds deadliest snakes but not the deadliest spiders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As for the bad primer... I bought my first XD two weeks ago, a .40 service model. First trip to the range I had the same thing happen and was also using Winchester WB. In my case the primer looks like it was hit even a little harder, but no boom. Almost appears that the primer was pushed further into the pocket. Really bummed me out as this was the first centerfire dud I have had in over 20 year of shooting.

Good news is that the XD has now fired another 500 or so rounds downrange without a glitch. I don't feel so good about the WWB anymore and have switched over to Speer Brass Blazer from Wallyworld.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts