Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. I REALLY love my XD40 (service) in all ways. But it just does not seem to be as reliable as my Glock 30. My range sessions with it either go great, or bad. Today was bad. I had quite a few FTFs. I shot 100 rounds and had probably 6 or 7 FTFs. The first one was like the 3rd round shot of the night. I was actually getting really good at clearing them fast by the end of the session. I was starting to impress myself how fast I could clear a FTF instead of impressing myself with my shooting.

I admit, when I first started my session I was tired, real relaxed, and was probably limp wristing it. Some some of the later FTFs can't really be explained. I just don't have an answer. Some days I shoot 300 rounds with no a single hicup. Some days I only shoot 50 rounds with 4 or 5 hiccups. It does not seem to atter what ammo I use. I might try some different springs.

I don't know what to tell you guys. I might just have to go back to the dark side. I just can't carry something that I don't trust 100%. I can't afford to have my 3rd shot in potential shootout jam on me.

Will someone send me some majic dust or volcano ash to sprinkle on my XD to cure it? Maybe somone has some chicken bones they could roll and tell me what they? I need to know what the future holds for my XD. Does anyone see it for sale? Will it rot in my safe? Will my G30 continue to reign in the dependability department?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Have you tried polishing the feed ramp a little with a dremel? That is reported to clear up a lot of feeding issues.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have had no major problems with mine. But I have read some very cheap ammo, like the winchester from walmart will cause problems. I would suguest a test with Sellier and Bellot brand ammo. I use this for my range ammo, and it feeds perfectly. (40sw)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was starting to impress myself how fast I could clear a FTF instead of impressing myself with my shooting.
I hope you are waiting 30 seconds before you clear the chamber. Remember there is something called a hang fire and they do happen.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have no idea what is up with you XD I have never had any problems with mine and the XD is my first chose to protech my life over a glock. I would call springfield armory and tell them. They will fix any problem with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never had any problems with mine "knock on wood" but I would highly suggest that you have your feed ramp polished before you have her put to sleep.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I had an experience similiar to yours with 2 glock model 23`s.
Never could get either one to function well enough for me to
fully trust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I don't have any magic dust, but did you lube it before you went shooting? My XD 357 was bone dry when I got it so I lubed it before one shot was fired. No problems at all. I've been using Speer TMJ and DoubleTap ammo. Now I'm just waiting for my slide to get back from Novaks; that's my only "problem" with the XD.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey new to the forum was reading up on your problem.Like everyone else said try polishing your feed ramp.I have an 40 service with around 5000 rds through mine.Only had a rd that would not feed into the barrel .It was some ammo my friend reloaded pushed the bullet to far into the case causing a bulge.Ive shot S&B,wwb,cci,rem,American Eagle,UMC,Reloads my friend does with cast lead and jacketed.Ive never seen anyone personaly at the 2 ranges i shoot at have trouble with thiers or the rentals they have that get abused often and clean neglected.My friends relative worked at the import place in Knox TN where im from that imported the guns as the HS2000 9mm.He got a hS2000 for xmas one year how many rds we put through that gun God only knows.Havent talked to him in about 2 years but he still had the gun then.I was reading a lot of gripes on this forum unless thier mass producing the guns now and have a quality issue i dont know whats going on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Havac-Tek, I thoght that the WWB from Wallus World was pretty good ammo. I haven't heard that Winchester performed badly. Where did you get your info? I would like to read about what you have seen. TIA

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I don't know about the 40cal ammo from WW, but as far the as the 9mm ammo, I have never had a problem with that in either my Beretta 92f or my XD 9 subbie.

Contact SA like was said.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just burned through 200 rounds of cheap gun store reloads. My XD40 chewed them up and spit them out with out a problems. These guns were designed to shoot anything and everything. If it's that big of a problem send it back to SA and tell them what the problem is. They'll overhaul it and fix any problems.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I_Route said:
It is hard to follow you trouble when you post three posts with the same problem, two of them have the same title.

#1: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=18452

#2: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=18451

#3: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=18456

:?: :?: :?: :?:
One was orignally posted in wrong forum. I swear I deleted it, or at least tried. So I posted in correct forum. My computer is slow so I accidentally double posted, and once again, I swear I deleted one of those posts which should of left me with one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts