Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your bad habits out there when your at the Shooting Range.

Mine is, that i move my saftey glasses up on my head when i talk. Then forget to put them back down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmm, I tend to shoot people next to me by accident when I turn around to talk to people. :p

Seriously though, I go the range with every intention of aiming, but by the end of the day I just end up putting as many rounds down range as fast as I can.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Scratching my butt with a loaded gun and my finger on the trigger. I keep blowing my butt off. :lol:

Not being able to hear anybody with my hearing protection on, so if I am talking to somebody, I slid them off so I can hear, Then don't always slid them back on.

:cry:

·
Registered
338 Posts
My wife says I'm always shooting my mouth off. But that is not limited to just being at the range.

:?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I never wear safety glasses and then I complain when I have to clean all of the crap out of my eyes. I usually shoot at my friends indoor range and my glasses always fog. Thus, for this reason and others I hate to wear glasses. You can tell me I told you so after I lose an eye. Until then, I will continue living on the edge.

ranburr

·
Registered
539 Posts
Running 3 or 400 rounds of ammo through various pistols and realizing that I didn't work on shooting skills like I intended and ended up learning nothing that day. :?

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
ranburr said:
I never wear safety glasses and then I complain when I have to clean all of the crap out of my eyes. I usually shoot at my friends indoor range and my glasses always fog. Thus, for this reason and others I hate to wear glasses. You can tell me I told you so after I lose an eye. Until then, I will continue living on the edge.

ranburr
ranburr they make antifog stuff for glasses. Walgreens or Walmart will have it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ranburr said:
I usually shoot at my friends indoor range and my glasses always fog. Thus, for this reason and others I hate to wear glasses. You can tell me I told you so after I lose an eye. Until then, I will continue living on the edge.

ranburr

What are you doing that is making things fog up??? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I_Route said:
What are you doing that is making things fog up??? :roll: :roll:
You go from a nice airconditioned store front to an non airconditioned shooting range. To be honest, I just hate glasses.

ranburr

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yell at the idiots around me being unsafe. That distracts thema nd they turn around still holding the gun. :D.

Actualy my bad habit is letting everyone try and shoot my guns. I forget some people shoud not try to shoot a .44 Mag with hot 180 gr JSP loads. I also tend to scare the living c**p out of some people at the range when I let off with one of those. Some have come to me and asked for a warnig the next time, complain of flash burns from the gun going off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As a reloader, I am often as concerned about the flight path of my brass as I am about the projectile, and I've developed this bad habit of snapping my head to the right to track the brass right after discharging the firearm.

Colleagues with whom I shoot often think I've developed a head flinch.

DL

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not really the "range", but sometimes I leave my finger on the trigger guard when holstering my XD in the synthetic holster it came with. Results in either pushing my finger inside the guard or squashing the tip. Other than that, I've been called a "safety nazi" on more than one occasion, so fortunatly no dangerous habits.

That and lollygagging at the targets downrange during ceasefire as opposed to bringing the papers back to the line for analysis.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My problem seems to be that I'm always forgetting to bring something when I go to the range, like my member badge, bug repellent, sunscreen, magazines, or brass tarp.

More than once I have gotten all this stuff together, arrived at the range only to realize I had left my ammo can at home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts