Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the ar and xd shooting yesterday with the wife and for the life of me I couldn't hit anything. This is my second time shooting my ar and this first time I did ok at 100 yards,but this time nothing after 30 rounds down range.
Then we moved to the xd at 25 yards and also couldn't hit anything for the first 2 magazines. then I cleared my mind and started connecting, but my grouping was way off. do you guys have any tips on hot to accurately shoot the ar15, I have troy buis in the back and bius hk in the front.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Is it sighted in correctly? Use a rest or tripod to get small groups of 3-5 shots at 50 yds. After you can adjust for 100 yds or whatever. If visibility is a problem for you, consider a scope with 1-4 or 2-8 power.

This may help AR-15 Zeros and Trajectories - M4Carbine.net Forums

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a bore sight on the way, they wouldn't let me use the pistol 25yrd to zero. the first time I was doing ok could be beginners luck? thanks for the link I was doing some research and found out that a lot of people have problems with the hk style compared to the standard ar style sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts