Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting backup XDs for my XDs. Just an extra gun to keep in storage in case one of my guns eventually needs replaced.

Am I just being an XD-addict, or is this a good idea?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
>Am I just being an XD-addict

Looking at your sig I'd have to score that one a +1000. ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, one can hardly have too many XD's. For a long term extra, I would probably get an XD9 or XD45 service and grease 'er up and put it in the bowels of your safe. Not a bad idea at all.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe its Clint Smith who has 5 or so XD .45 Tacticals. He says if you find a gun you like, buy 2, because they might not always been around. Product lines get discontinued, or Obama could become President. You never know what is going to happen.

As a sidenote, I was talking to the UPS driver today and he said everyone he works with are buying ARs. They're afraid the Dems will ban them again after the election.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Judging by your signature, I'd say you need:

1) a Service .45acp;
2) a Compact .45acp; and
3) an XDm 9mm!!!

That should just about do it!! ;)

In all sincerity, if you like the XD line-up, I see nothing wrong with having as many as you please. Like you and others have said...they aren't always going to be around and it never hurts to have extras!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
>Am I just being an XD-addict

Looking at your sig I'd have to score that one a +1000. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking......well, that and how jealous I am

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I have 2...a SC and a SVC in 9mm. I want a backup SVC or to add a TAC in 9mm. You can never have too many! :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I just ordered another XD-40 as a back-up for my XD-40 5" that got ran over by a truck. It still works fine, and is by far my most accurate XD. But since I almost lost it once it was easy to justify to myself getting a back-up.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I need my favorite enablers to talk me into buying a Tac in 9mm and 45.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, I had a touch of post whore to get my count up to 950.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Judging by your signature, I'd say you need:

1) a Service .45acp;
2) a Compact .45acp; and
3) an XDm 9mm!!!

That should just about do it!! ;)

In all sincerity, if you like the XD line-up, I see nothing wrong with having as many as you please. Like you and others have said...they aren't always going to be around and it never hurts to have extras!!!
Im a firm believer in not duplicating calibers.
but if your three guns from having a complete set, you might as well.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
First I have to say I have a major case of envy :mrgreen: but alas you are blessed with that 'lil family of yours and if you are goona have another addition I guess you might as well keep the bloodline clean since you have gone through so much trouble to do so thus far :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and since you have almost the complete line you might as well keep it up until you do. Good luck and enjoy the new gun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more XDs!!!!

I just bought my fourth XD (an XD9-Service to compliment my XD9-SC, XD40-Service and XD45Tac-T-cool) earlier this month and I still want more! So I still know that it's not possible to have too many :D. After shooting it at the range this past weekend with absolute perfection in performance will all different kinds of ammo, I'm even more of a very happy XD camper!

Then there's the whole XD-M thingy. I don't have one of those...yet ;)

Clint Smith also frequently states, "Two is one and one is none." Meaning just that. You can never have too many backups.

He who dies after a lifetime of collecting and shooting the most XDs wins!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have a decent sized gun collection (nearing 100), but I keep coming back to my XDs. My Ruger 22/45 and at least 1 XD go to the range with me every time. The ergonomics of the guns just work for me, and I am use to the controls.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paid $390 for this XD online. Add $25 for shipping, $10 for background check, and $15 for FFL transfer fee. $440 out the door doesn't seem too bad for an XD now days.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Sounds like a good buy. Who did you pick it up from?..."Supohunter" on GunBroker.com? He is the only one that I can still find XDs for $399 from.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts