Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped to the smaller of the two backstraps on my recently purchased XDs 9mm and did a couple dry fire exercises.

I'm thinkin' that I'll prefer this little guy vs the strap that comes stock, but can't be certain until I hit the range come Thursday.

I've seen several requests for pictures illustrating the difference in shape and size; I don't recall seeing actual photos, so by all means, enjoy.

$uploadfromtaptalk1402972749878.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1402972785493.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Top pic is slim strap;
Bottom pic is the fatty.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have big hands so have just left the bigger one on - I can't imagine the smaller one working for me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also noticed that it's now a lot easier for me to hit the mag release.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
You should pick that backstrap that puts your trigger finger in the best possible position. That is where the trigger is pulled using the pad portion of your finger -NOT THE JOINT.

Often times when people use a backstrap too small for their hands, that get too much finger on the trigger and pull low, left or low-left. The low-left phenom is something that many new XD owners understand until they learn how to pull the trigger correctly.

You need to test the straps out during live fire, not dry fire, and you need to do it where you are shooting a full mag with no more than a second between shots.

Or, do what you want... :)

OS

·
Registered
19 Posts
To me, the backstrap didn't change my trigger finger placement. The large swells more at the bottom like a Glock grip which I hate.

I wear size 10 (large) motorcycle gloves and I shoot better with the small. YMMV of course, whichever you shoot best with is the best one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the images. Wife was looking at the Shield and XDs. LGS didn't have the thin backstrap for the XDs and she was having trouble reaching the mag release, although she otherwise preferred it over the Shield. I didn't want to remove my Talon grips to swap backstraps, so these pictures were useful in helping her settle on the Springfield.

Now she just needs to decide on caliber and we're set.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the images. Wife was looking at the Shield and XDs. LGS didn't have the thin backstrap for the XDs and she was having trouble reaching the mag release, although she otherwise preferred it over the Shield. I didn't want to remove my Talon grips to swap backstraps, so these pictures were useful in helping her settle on the Springfield.

Now she just needs to decide on caliber and we're set.
For sure, man. I was curious as to the difference, but could find no visual representation online. At the time I was looking, I didn't have the correct punch to see for myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the pics, is it easy to push out the roll pin to switch the backstraps back and forth. I want to try both in the range before deciding on one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts