Springfield XD Forum banner

Back from the range

764 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xdsclife 
#1 ·
Just got back from shooting my new XD9sc. I got my Utah out of state permit last month and was wanting a more concealable weapon. At first I was thinking something different like a Sig or Kahr, I already have XD's in 45 and 9 service.
but after looking around, I kept coming back to the XD because I shoot them so well. So, I oredered a 9sc bi-tone and a Comp-Tac IWB holster. Today I took the XD's out to the range. I started with the SC and fired UMC 115 grains, WWB 115's, Golden Saber 124's and my own re-loads without any problems what so ever. The gun functioned flawlessly with the different loads and recoil was imo very mild, no more then my service model. I was shooting about 2" lower then with my service, so I'll have to adjust to that, but all in all I couldn't be happier. Next up were my Service models. I had James install Hienie straight eight night sights on the 9 and TFO's on my 45 recently (great job and service my the way) and proceeded to tear ragged holes in the targets at 25'.
For anyone debating about buying an Xd, I would say you can not go wrong with them, provided they fit your hand and shooting style.
Here's a pic of my new addition, because like they say if no pic it didn't happen.
P.S. I really enjoy this site. I rarely post but I read it almost daily.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm in Columbia shoot at On Target and Mariottsville

#5 ·
Do you still shoot around here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.