Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not chromed the finish is armory-kote in silver....its a little bling without the bling-bling

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep i like my sw...allot of people dont like the trigger it is kinda long and its a double stage...i can pop off a clip faster in the xd than i can with the sw....but in all its a great back up....and yes the armory kote comes in od green...black....or silver as mine is.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am thinking of having my service and sub refinished pretty soon too. I have been leaning towards the finish that sproles had put on his XD by CCR refinishing, but seeing yours that Springfield themselves did makes me think. How long did it take? What would the price be on a "rust-free" XD?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from mail box to mailbox it was 10 days....if you want it refinished without warranty i believe it was $70 but i could be wrong....

·
Registered
72 Posts
That seems like a great deal to me. Do you shoot at Bulls-Eye on Manchester much? I used to until I moved to Belleville. There's a nice indoor range right down the street now. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no i dont i have heard to many complaints about the place and managment (new ones anyway)....for me i am not real comfortable in ranges...i am use to shooting at my parents farm...although i dont mind ranges i have been to target masters in columbia,mo and to an outdoor range (ozarkshooters) by branson,mo. (advanced course training)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I definitely understand the complaints you say you have heard about that place but in the city of Saint Louis the kind of have a monopoly going on indoor ranges. I used to like to rent their full-auto rifles and SMGs though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah but now there is 2 that opened up i believe near imperial and there is another one close by....but if you get on missouricarry.com you could get more info....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like how you got them to do the internal metal parts in silver, also. In fact, I like it so much when I send in my gun I'm going to have them do that, too. They siad they will do it for 10 bucks though...how did you get them to do that for you for free? I talked to Megan, also. I spoke with Debbie first, but she didn't sound like she knew exactly what I was talking about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts