Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-s-d...45-today-several-rounds-failed-fire-grrr.html

I reported that my brand new XDS 45 had issues. I sent it back to SA last monday and they returned it yesterday. I managed to get done with work early today and went to the range to try the gun (blowing off mowing the lawn in the process).

The packing slip said the extractor was adjusted. The gun was well oiled, not dripping, but not far from it. It had been test fired.

Happy to report that the gun ran like an absolute champ, not a hiccup. Fed it winchester white box, federal hydra shock and some other federal 230gr hollow points - not a glich. Tried out some reloads I'm working up; even with the softest load (ejected the brass about 3-5 feet) it ran great. Best accuracy with the reloads was with a stiff, but not overly stiff load. Felt a little softer than the federal hydra shock.

At 5yds, I easily put 11 rounds into an 8.5x11 inch paper with very rapid fire and one handed rapid fire. At 10yds I was shooting 1.5" groups with slow fire and at 30yds I shot 9 rounds into a 6" group with 1 in the bullseye. This is one accurate, fun to shoot little gun.

I even tried to purposely "limp wrist" it - didn't matter. If I would have held it any looser it would have flown out of my hand.

I'm really happy the SA ironed it out for me and did so quickly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update! Glad you were able to get it all worked out.
Yeah, thanks. I'm pretty psyched about it. Have to start loading up more .45ACP - have some time off and want to go to the range!

Good for you! I love my XDS and now you will too!
Thanks. It was disappointing when it didn't run right out of the box, and discouraging to see so many people with the same problem. The excellent customer service interaction and quick turn-around from SA has left a great impression though; I will purchase addition guns from them in the future without worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts