Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A female friend of mine is going to take a class at a local range in a few days. I ask her what she wants to get and the 1st thing (I knew it was coming) out her mouth was Baby Glock. I have to give it to the Glock Suckers they have the market down with the 21 to 60 yr old females.
I told her to look at the XDm 9 compact. I think it is a more safe gun over all. Plus I will be the one prolly going to the range with her so hey Im lookin out for #1 :cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
For someones first gun especially a female i recommend a xd9. But i noticed allot of girls don't have the strength to properly rack the slide on the xd's.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i wonder if females are drawn to the "baby" part, maybe if people called them subcompacts females wouldn't be as drawn in, sounds crazy but 88% of women know nothing about guns so they base their choice by the name. for a "baby" a subcompact glock is a chunky, fat, uncomfortable, jumpy, innaccurate pistol and a poor choice for any female to carry.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I carry a G26 daily and bought one for my daughter and one of my sons. If I thought anything else would work better, that's what we'd be carrying! I install aftermarket connectors in all my Glocks, which, btw, are as safe as long as the nut behind the trigger is properly adjusted. :D

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
nothing wrong with the baby glock. i want one.

the only thing i can think of is when i first bought my gun. i knew nothing. glock was the only thing in my mind. cause alot of people think of guns glock comes in their head.

so maybe if you take her and show her around and tell her about the diff guns out there then she might have a better understanding

D

·
0 Posts
If Glock made a single stack G26, the ladies would be all over it... as would many men, and rightly so!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I don't think Glock actually coined the word. Baby glock is something people came up with. Officially, there is no such thing as a baby Glock.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Brand recognition and marketing works. There are a lot of pink guns now days too. My wife hates it when sale people point them out to her.

I don't know any women that have handled various pistols that would choose a Glock though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Now thats funny!

·
Registered
895 Posts
every seen a premature baby glock?

that is funny!!! to each his own, i may have been abrupt in my earlier statement but i owned a g26 and hated it and have the right to dislike the pistol, the xdm9 compact is hardly bigger and in my opinion an my taste a better gun for me, i literally held my g26 in my right(stronghand) and my xdm9c in my left and thought the shootability between the two was night and day the next day i sold my glock 26 and never looked back. i CC my xdm9c all day everyday.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The Glock 26 is really hard to beat.

Small, reliable and very tough.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
every seen a premature baby glock?

Wait, isn't that normal? That's how the 26/27/33 feel in my hands anyway. I happen to like the 29/30 the grip is deep enough to give you something to hold onto.

A sub-compact for any woman's(or anyone else's for that matter) first gun is a horrible idea. Give them something that can help tame the recoil with it's own mass. Once they are an experienced shooter they should be making the decision on size and caliber.

Some people hate a Glock, and I am honestly not too fond of the looks or feel of them. I can take my G17, and accurately shoot it faster than any other gun I have fired. I have never had the chance to shoot a 17L or 34, and I expect they would be even better.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I don't think Glock actually coined the word. Baby glock is something people came up with. Officially, there is no such thing as a baby Glock.
True, but if you go to the Glock Website and look up the G26 its reads

GLOCK 26"Baby" Glock
They didn't coin it but they sure as hell use it on the website.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Perhaps she likes the better trigger of the Glock over the sloppy XD/XDm trigger..

I'd take a Glock over an XD/XDm as well..;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts