Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In addition to the XD9 that I have on layaway, (picking up before Xmas). I also purchased the baby eagle 45 about 2 months ago. What a great shooter, accurate and extremely smooth.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is a fella at work that was asking me about them. He told me his son was looking at a "Baby Eagle" and he had no clue what it was.

I only knew enough to tell him that they do exist. Hell, I didnt even know they came in .45, lol.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
They are sick! i was looking at them last time at the gun show, and love the way they feel in my hand.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought one of the .45ACP when they first were released in the US. It was problematic to say the least. The trigger bar fractured after about 2,000 rounds through it. Sent it back, they fixed it on their dime.

Then at 4,000 or so rounds the firing pin broke. This time I had to pay for them to fix it. They would not sell me a damn firing pin. It only takes five minutes to swap out. So when Magnum Research had it, they thought it would be a good idea to drift out the rear sight. This marred the finish near the sight.

They also removed the safety selector for some reason, then reinstalled it halfa$$ed. The roll pin was only drifted halfway in. I was more angry about the piss poor 'gunsmithing' than the fact the gun broke. Other than that I love the gun, I shoot it better than all of my other pistols. Just stay away from the early production guns, they have IMI on the grips. Try to get the newer ones with IWI on the grips.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
They seem like nice guns, but my convictions (not agreeing with Israeli politics and foreign policy) prevent me from giving IMI any business at all. I will however still shoot one if a friend brings one to the range. They do seem like a well balanced firearm and quite accurate to boot.

Congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And you can't go wrong with the price - $499.99

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are on the other side.

·
Registered
334 Posts
In addition to the XD9 that I have on layaway, (picking up before Xmas). I also purchased the baby eagle 45 about 2 months ago. What a great shooter, accurate and extremely smooth.

Sweet looking pistol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's pretty much what it is, even the EEA mags fit.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Congrats on the new Jericho....hopefully we'll see a lot more of them around, with better support now that CD/KBI has them back in the fold.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
That's pretty much what it is, even the EEA mags fit.

didn't IMI(IWI, etc) come out with the "BABY Eagle" first? magazine I have says the EAA came out with the Witness in 91. SO the EAA polymer looks identical to the IWI Polymer Eagle? Big Clone mess.. All I know is after handling the EAA witness polymer to the BE Polymer, the BEP felt and handled 10x better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts