Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sad...and a sheep. Today is not much different than any other day, though I am more aware of it.

I finally got my Minotaur from Comp-Tac. Finally meaning that I got around to sending them almost $90 (well worth it) for the holster. I love the holster. Very happy with it.

Anyway, back to my point. I got my holster and have been wearing it as much as I could since I got it Friday night. Well, Monday rolls around and I work in a Gun Free Zone. I decide that being a GFZ is not necessarily a H(olster)FZ. I sit here with an empty holster hidden on my belt...waiting for 5:00 so I can fill it up.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I do the same thing with my supertuck since I can not carry at work. It's easier than taking it off and then putting it back on.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I suppose wearing your holster at work makes sense I might just go put my supertuck on at lunch.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I could see wearing an empty holster to break it in...but I don't know about everyday.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is my little concealed statement.
:twisted:

I could see wearing an empty holster to break it in...but I don't know about everyday.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a little lock box that I put my XD in. Come into work, lock it up, get ready to leave toss it back in the supertuck. Easy schmeasy

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Might be an easy way to "break-in" your co-workers that you sometimes carry.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I do the same thing with my supertuck since I can not carry at work. It's easier than taking it off and then putting it back on.
I've considered this and might still. It's kind of a pain in the @$$ to hide XD in the truck, along with Uncle Mike's Sidecick, and put it all back together (seated in the truck) at the end of the day.
Might be an easy way to "break-in" your co-workers that you sometimes carry.
This is the main reason I haven't, although there's only 6 of us in the shop, and I think they already know how I feel about guns anyway...:D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like the "my little concealed statement" idea!
I can't even have a gun on the property where I work, so there's nothing to put in the empty holster when I get to the car. :(

I'm a sheep all day, every day from the time I leave my house til I return in the evening.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Guess working from home does have its advantages....sitting in the chair on mute dry firing during yet another boring conference call...

·
Registered
86 Posts
How do I tell if where I work is a GFZ? I don't want to ask HR. I've looked at the code of conduct, etc, and the only thing I could see was a statement about unauthorized weapons not allowed at the company. State is Georgia. I have a conceal carry permit from a reciprocal state.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Ok if you don't work at the federal building or a free trade zone you are G2G in most cases. If you don't tell anyone you have a gun in the car how are they going to know? Here in Florida it is illegal for a company to say that you can not have a firearm in your car if you have a CCW. I have broken many of companies rules in regards to the go guns in the parking lot rule with no problems. Now I am in LEO as is my dad who is an SRO, he doesn't give a dam that people have them in there car. Although another female officer know as "Dumber than ****ing Dog ****" or DFDS at the department arrested a guy for Concealed carry of a shotgun, he was a janitor of the school and had a shotgun in the case in the back of his Mustang some one said there is a gun in that car and she arrested him. Charges were dropped and my dad told her not to arrest him. He did hold a valid CCW permit though. Even A Police Department is not off limits if left in the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts