Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello AZ Folks,

I had a question and I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I understand that as long as your have your AZ CCW permit (which i do) you can CC in a restuarant or bar that serves alcohol as long as you don't drink (I don't drink) and there is no sign prohibiting firearms.

However, I cannot find if you are allowed to Open Carry in a restuarant or bar that has no restrictions of firearms if you have your CCW permit?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Just found this;

Question: Can A non-concealed handgun be carried into a restaurant that serves alcohol and can that person consume alcohol?

Answer: No, you may not openly carry a firearm into any restaurant that serves alcohol and you definitely cannot consume alcohol while in possession of a firearm in a restaurant or bar that serves alcohol. Both offenses are misdemeanors in Arizona and can result in your arrest and criminal prosecution.

AZ CCW Permit » Restaurant Carry

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I thought if you are over 21 you don't even need a ccw in AZ anymore

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
You dont. You can Open carry in AZ and CCW without a permit. Stay away from any place that serves alcohol or has "no gun" signs.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
the problem arises when " YOU PASS THROUGH " 1000ft GFSZ (gun free school zone )

it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass through Phoenix, and nearly impossible to pass through Tucson on ANY road without being in direct violation of this FEDERAL law.

5 years imprisonment, and loss of firearms for life + fines

now I ask you. Do you still need a CCW permit???

I'll even give you a map of chance for Phoenix, sorry cant find the one for Tucson
don't forget the 1,000 ft radius in the law

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link. It seems silly that you can CCW in a bar and not open carry. You would think you would want to let the servers know they can't serve you alcohol.

Time start trying to get that law removed from the books!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the problem arises when " YOU PASS THROUGH " 1000ft GFSZ (gun free school zone )

it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass through Phoenix, and nearly impossible to pass through Tucson on ANY road without being in direct violation of this FEDERAL law.

5 years imprisonment, and loss of firearms for life + fines

now I ask you. Do you still need a CCW permit???

I'll even give you a map of chance for Phoenix, sorry cant find the one for Tucson
don't forget the 1,000 ft radius in the law
In regards to the school zones my CCW instructor said the local LEO don't enforce it and in Tucson we are safe from harrassment while we are driving by school zones. On the other hand he said the day we see the Feds patrolling the area we should probably stay clear.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
There are so many laws that need to be removed. AZ has it very good for gun owners, but overall America is in the toilet.

Once a law is in place, it is a nightmare to have it stricken.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
my CCW instructor said the local LEO don't enforce it and in Tucson we are safe from harrassment
I hear this all the time.
Tpd said....

do what you want, I'm just trying to keep others out of prison.

Tucson judges have been known to write laws from the bench.
I for one am not willing to put my hands in a blood thirsty prosecuting attorney.
And saying to the judge, but... my CCW instructor said.

you are required to know the law, that is part of having the permit. I for one will not rely on hearsay.
I gave you the section and article for it. your instructor does not trump that.

to your original question of carrying in a liquor establishment
in 2009 it was allowed for permit holders only.
section 4-244 chapter 2
section4-229 reference to no firearms allowed signage
section 13-3102 they can make you check them into a gun locker

·
Banned
263 Posts
Agree 100% sir! I will never let mine lapse. AZ's CCW permit is now also recognized by Nevada, another great reason to stay current.
What's up G?!... When does that law go into effect? I've been looking for the info but couldn't find anything. When we going plinkin? Goto sgc whenever.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
something that strikes me as an irony:
- those of us who took the time and money to get CCW have at least some education about laws allowing CCW holders to enter establishments serving alcohol and to carry within 1000 feet of schools
- many of those carrying under SB1270 AZ constitutional carry probably have not read the laws, so could very easily break the law by entering an establishment serving alcohol or by passing within 1000 feet of a school

sort of bass ackwards me thinks

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Someone will probably get on my case for this, but though I'm glad I live in AZ with our realistic gun laws, I really think anyone who wants to carry should have to at least take a class that covers basic gun safety and the laws we need to know. I believe in 2A rights but with rights come responsibilities, those are -- being safe and knowing the laws.

Originally Posted by Gman AZ
AZ's CCW permit is now also recognized by Nevada, another great reason to stay current.
Hadn't heard this yet, can anyone confirm? Does this include Clark Co. (Las Vegas)?

·
Banned
263 Posts
The Nevada reciprocity law is done. Just waiting to find instatement for new law. Now I need not frontsight.
But would love to participate in the four day class for myself and wife. Times r tight. Anyway. Going toS.G.C. in the am to finish up my break in period. Let's go everyone. AC nice establishment GOOD Prices. See ya tomorow.
HTC EVO FROM TAPATALK

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Someone will probably get on my case for this, but though I'm glad I live in AZ with our realistic gun laws, I really think anyone who wants to carry should have to at least take a class that covers basic gun safety and the laws we need to know. I believe in 2A rights but with rights come responsibilities, those are -- being safe and knowing the laws.

Hadn't heard this yet, can anyone confirm? Does this include Clark Co. (Las Vegas)?
Nevada Department of Public Safety
Yes, this does include Vegas! :D

PhxAZ XD9... What time are you going to SGC?

·
Banned
263 Posts
9 am. You coming? My wife n I will be there. Would love to meet you there today. Members get in at nine before gen public. Please come brother.

HTC EVO FROM TAPATALK

1 - 20 of 21 Posts