Springfield XD Forum banner

IF 2 people have a legal CCW ,can 1 person use the other's weapon in a ER situation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there everyone ..I'm glad to be here. I apologize if this is in the wrong spot , I am new here . I had a general question and was looking for general opinions or advice. I am a CCW newbie I have gone through all the required training and such & did really well..I went through the course b/c unfortunately I live in the hood & my neighbors & their friends are ' questionable ' at best , to be polite. But I have no choice its cheap living & I attend college..( and its temporary I assure you until I graduate ) . But , my question is since both my roommate & I have legal CCW's , he has a .40 cal & mine hasn't arrived yet ( Bersa Thunder .380 ) ..If in the event Lord forbid there be life & death genuine danger ( at home - break in , mugging , hood drama , etc ) ..could I legally use his .40 with his permission , to defend us using lethal force if necessary? Or could either of us get into big trouble b/c technically & legally the .40 is his & registered to him ?
I emailed my instructor , but no response yet ..and there's an ' air ' going round tonight that feels ' off & bad ' ..my roommate has a really bad flu cold thing going on & I'm not sure how reliable he'd be in a defensive situation ..so thats why I ask.
Would I be justified or in deep caca later after the event ?:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI there everyone ..I'm glad to be here. I apologize if this is in the wrong spot , I am new here . I had a general question and was looking for general opinions or advice. I am a CCW newbie I have gone through all the required training and such & did really well..I went through the course b/c unfortunately I live in the hood & my neighbors & their friends are ' questionable ' at best , to be polite. But I have no choice its cheap living & I attend college..( and its temporary I assure you until I graduate ) . But , my question is since both my roommate & I have legal CCW's , he has a .40 cal & mine hasn't arrived yet ( Bersa Thunder .380 ) ..If in the event Lord forbid there be life & death genuine danger ( at home - break in , mugging , hood drama , etc ) ..could I legally use his .40 with his permission , to defend us using lethal force if necessary? Or could either of us get into big trouble b/c technically & legally the .40 is his & registered to him ?
I emailed my instructor , but no response yet ..and there's an ' air ' going round tonight that feels ' off & bad ' ..my roommate has a really bad flu cold thing going on & I'm not sure how reliable he'd be in a defensive situation ..so thats why I ask.
Would I be justified or in deep caca later after the event ?:confused:
In Arizona, there is no gun registration. The gun is not 'in his name'.

You can legally carry or possess any weapon as long as you arent a prohibited possessor, didn't steal it, and you don't use it to do anything illegal.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
1. guns are not registered in AZ

2. CCW no longer required in AZ, not since July last year (although there are continued advantages to having the training and holding the card, none of which I can see applying to scenario presented)

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
You're thinking into this too much. Look at it like this. If you were in a life or death situation and had to speed and run red lights to get someone to the hospital would you worry about the tickets.

Similar thing. When you're using self defense to save a life I really don't think who's gun is going to matter. Possibly if you get an A-hole DA, but then it would have to be illegal like maybe in states that require you to list your firearms on your permit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts