Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let's assume for argument sake the AWB is put in place...now what? What's it mean? Obviously, people would be unable to purchase "assault weapons." But, what if someone already has an "assault weapon" that falls under the ban, what's the impact? Curious minds want to know....

·
Registered
441 Posts
In the last one you could own a pre ban model and buy and sell them. New legislation will almost certainly ban transfers and new purchases.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Not all dems are anti-gun. Any idea how many votes there would be (especially in the Senate)?

·
Registered
229 Posts
it will only pass if we tolerate it this time. and i will not.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Start calling and writing your Senators and Representatives, including the Dems. Let them know what you think and that you vote.

Personally, I'll also be joining the NRA now.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
why do they think semi-autos are so more dangerous....if they ban them im just going to get into bolt action tactical rifles instead..and if they ban those ill get into archery:twisted:

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:::starts practicing throwing spoons:::

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Already have all the above. Started practiing spoon throwing back in August when I had dull monents in fire camp.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
why do they think semi-autos are so more dangerous....if they ban them im just going to get into bolt action tactical rifles instead..and if they ban those ill get into archery:twisted:
Because you might have more ammo at your disposal and get a second shot off faster than underprivileged criminals. ;)

Actually I believe their thinking is this: Since criminals obtain weapons by stealing them, they somehow have convinced themselves that by removing them from the general population, this will prevent criminals from obtaining weapons that have the same capabilities as the police.

Nevermind my right to defend myself on an equal footing with criminals.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Order your Assult Rocks before its too late!
Just make sure you only throw one at a time and never have more than 3 in your pocket!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts