Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are the local club events I will be participating in most frequently so I am wondering if anyone else from XDTalk will be attending any of these or have they done any of these.

Pintucky IDPA - 1st Sunday of the Month @8:30am - hosted by CSRA Pistol Club

Shooters IDPA - 3rd Thursday of the Month @6:00pm - hosted by CSRA Pistol Club

Club Information:
The CSRA Defensive Pistol Association is a private club shooting IDPA at the Pinetucky Range near Augusta

If you know of any other fun shoots in the area that I haven't listed please let me know and I'll add it accordingly.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Won my match today!!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Match this Sunday out at Pinetucky. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Won my match today!!
Ok, you being only one of three doesn't count. You've been practicing haven't you? Look forward to seeing you in Ga. A seriously challenging match.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, you being only one of three doesn't count. You've been practicing haven't you? Look forward to seeing you in Ga. A seriously challenging match.
Yeah, I've got steel set up and some IDPA targets on my home range. It's only 1 bay but it gets me out shooting twice a week. This area is pretty soft when it comes to IDPA. We only get 10-15 guys out a month. Im doing my best to build it up though.

I'm probably gonna join GADPA and do their regular matches. The drive just sucks.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Yeah, I've got steel set up and some IDPA targets on my home range. It's only 1 bay but it gets me out shooting twice a week. This area is pretty soft when it comes to IDPA. We only get 10-15 guys out a month. Im doing my best to build it up though.

I'm probably gonna join GADPA and do their regular matches. The drive just sucks.
The heat has dulled the numbers at prado a bit, right around 50 each match. If I finish in the top 5-6 I'm having a good day.;)

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The heat has dulled the numbers at prado a bit, right around 50 each match. If I finish in the top 5-6 I'm having a good day.;)
We only had a handful today because of the potential rain. The guy who runs the Pinetucky match is a good guy and runs some fun stages. I'm gonna start trying to build some stuff for the matches in my infinite spare time.

I saw your scores from Prado the other day. Nice shooting!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
We only had a handful today because of the potential rain. The guy who runs the Pinetucky match is a good guy and runs some fun stages. I'm gonna start trying to build some stuff for the matches in my infinite spare time.

I saw your scores from Prado the other day. Nice shooting!
Ok for cdp. Getting a new xdm 5.25, gonna start shooting SSP, see how much faster I cn go with less recoil. Getting it in 40, shooting [email protected], pretty soft shooting. It will save me a little in powder & lead as well.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok for cdp. Getting a new xdm 5.25, gonna start shooting SSP, see how much faster I cn go with less recoil. Getting it in 40, shooting [email protected], pretty soft shooting. It will save me a little in powder & lead as well.:mrgreen:
I actually reloaded 50 rounds today on the MD's Dillon 550. I feel pretty accomplished.

Ooh, you're going Xdm!! nice!!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the Pinetucky IDPA match this month. A great group of guys and cool MD.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little friendly competition never hurt anybody.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Doesn't seem like a fair match up there Jed.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doesn't seem like a fair match up there Jed.
Yeah, but I had to rub it in. He was saying he would crush me. He's my buddy on the sheriffs department out here.

Just found out my dads department is paying for his time and entry fees for his local IDPA matches and they are giving him 100 rounds for each one. Pretty cool. He also took 3 guys from his PD this month.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Yeah, but I had to rub it in. He was saying he would crush me. He's my buddy on the sheriffs department out here.

Just found out my dads department is paying for his time and entry fees for his local IDPA matches and they are giving him 100 rounds for each one. Pretty cool. He also took 3 guys from his PD this month.
Yeah a lot of LEO think their badge bestows gun skills, uh, no. Stay on them, get them up to speed, they'll thank you for it down the road.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will. I'm trying to get more of them to come out but they Always have an excuse.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I will. I'm trying to get more of them to come out but they Always have an excuse.
Honestly, most don't want to have their confidence shattered when they find out just how far behind the curve they really are.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestly, most don't want o ave their confidence shattered when they find out just how far behind the curve they really are.
They'll figure it out eventually.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
They'll figure it out eventually.
Why we have been putting on a DHS match just for the Leo community. They are in their own element, so feel better if they fall on there face. I love seeing the LE guys/gals come to the matches. It's an eye opener for most, then they seem to get it.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
25 pts down on one stage, WTF Jed!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts