Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the mount after three weeks, first impression I was impressed by the packaging nice and neat. The actual mount looks like it was either half ass blued or its coming off, theirs some shiney and dull spots. The iron sight is really nice a couple of white dots and one on the front sight that is in the package more on that later.

I watched their install video about five times before I started to do work. The included instructions don't carry you from start to finish. I assume you already know how to remove the rear sight. Long story short I couldn't get the top or "bigger screw" as they said on their video to line up. I just held the mount down and installed the pin. I don't know if the screw is too short or not lining up with the "modified spring". The mount is sturdy as it doesn't move side.to side but has some play up and down since I didn't get the "big screw" in. The front sight they include is wider to fit the rear window but broke when I was trying to install it.

I haven't contacted Attero about the issues yet since I'm stuck on back to back 24 hour duty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chuy,

Sounds like got a lemon possibly? The mount is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and anodized, so there shouldn't be any finishing issues.

The front sight is a standard AK front sight with a white insert. It is no stronger or weaker than any other AK front sight, so if you snapped that I would guess you were not using a front sight tool. Regardless, if you contact our sales team via email at [email protected] we can send you out a new mount. The finish should not be spotty at all. We can also troubleshoot the fit issues - some AK's just have different dimensions for the rear sight and it is nearly impossible to make a mount that fits 100% of them - our mount does fit almost all though. Our production team can help you troubleshoot the new mount once we send it to you.

We send out a satisfaction survey via email once the product is delivered, in order to help us refine evreything. This is the first installation issue we have encountered in any of the mounts we've shipped, so it comes as a surprise. Most of the emails we get back are like the one we just received "Everything worked great, super simple install."

Sorry to hear that you received a less-than-acceptable product. In the future install, please treat the front sight as you would any other AK front sight as it isn't any more snap-proof than a factory one.

Rest assured we will get you taken care of to your satisfaction. We will look for your email so we can get the ball rolling.

-Attero Arms

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I just got your email, I'll take pics and email them out to you as well. For the front sight I was useing the sight tool, it happened to break at the point were the two halfes come together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts