Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first chance i've had to post this but on Wednesday my friends apartment was broken into and they stole his Beretta 96fs. We believe its someone he knows cause that's all they took and knew where he kept it. So im hoping someone here might come across it. It has trijicons and houge wrap around grips. Also the safety was broken(the lever wont stay in safe position) If by some miracle you find it get the serial number and contact me on hear(i'm on a couple times a day) Thank you

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but you might want to post over at ArizonaShooting.com, too. It's all local folks, some of whom run gun stores and pawn shops and might be in positions to keep an eye out. Best of luck to your friend getting it back. :(

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If its a friendly fire incident, I'll bet he already knows who did it. Can't imagine how I could help out here but I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He said quite a few people knew where it was. Which is his fault but he doesn't have any suspects yet

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but you might want to post over at ArizonaShooting.com, too. It's all local folks, some of whom run gun stores and pawn shops and might be in positions to keep an eye out. Best of luck to your friend getting it back. :(
+ a Zillion on posting to ArizonaShooting.com

I hope it shows up somewhere !!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I would call every gun store in the area that takes trade-ins. Nobody likes people like this and I bet they'll keep an eye out. And make sure you have reported it stolen. I know shops down here take 10-14 days before they release a trade in.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If it is traded in to a gun store/pawn shop, the s/n will be run and the gun store is required to hold it for at least a week. If I were him, I'd keep a close eye on backpage and ktar.com classifieds section. Hope he finds it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump.....

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
tell the cops, tell the pawn shops.

if it shows up in a bust, and he has the seriel numbers, or at a pawn shop they will have to give it back to your buddy.

lesson learned i hope. get a safe, a false wall, or creative hiding spots.

I have one straped behind my head board, under my dresser in a false bottom.

i have a false wall in my closet with my long guns.

then stuff in my basment in my work shop no one would find.

good thing they didnt clean out thousands or tens of thousands in firearms

it suck to lose a gun but you can replace a 92 beretta pretty cheap and easy.

he might even try to double cross the "friend" who stole it, one by bluffin there was a camera.

2 bluff about finger prints.

3. have a third party ask this suspect if they have guns they want to sell, anyone who would steal a gun from a "friend" almost certainly is a druggie or gambling fiend etc. Some sort of addict. Easy prey for a third party to ask if he has a gun to sell, cause ya know he needs the money to get high and cant say no.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
tell the cops, tell the pawn shops.

if it shows up in a bust, and he has the seriel numbers, or at a pawn shop they will have to give it back to your buddy.

lesson learned i hope. get a safe, a false wall, or creative hiding spots.

I have one straped behind my head board, under my dresser in a false bottom.

i have a false wall in my closet with my long guns.

then stuff in my basment in my work shop no one would find.

good thing they didnt clean out thousands or tens of thousands in firearms

it suck to lose a gun but you can replace a 92 beretta pretty cheap and easy.

he might even try to double cross the "friend" who stole it, one by bluffin there was a camera.

2 bluff about finger prints.

3. have a third party ask this suspect if they have guns they want to sell, anyone who would steal a gun from a "friend" almost certainly is a druggie or gambling fiend etc. Some sort of addict. Easy prey for a third party to ask if he has a gun to sell, cause ya know he needs the money to get high and cant say no.
Cool ... What's your address and when are you going on vacation:p

Keep up the pursuit XD45AZ ... I've passed this thread to my gun shop friends.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool ... What's your address and when are you going on vacation:p

Keep up the pursuit XD45AZ ... I've passed this thread to my gun shop friends.
Thank you sir

1 - 14 of 14 Posts