Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Contemplating a gas piston retrofit of my AR but will have to sacrifice my nice Midwest Industries railed forearm for the standard plastic forearms that will accomodate the piston setup. What are my options for attaching a Surefire light to those plastic forearms? The light in the VG isn't an option because of expense (pluse I already have a nice VG that I won't be able to use because of the lack of rails on the handguards that will come after the retrofit) nor are getting really expensive railed forearms because of cost.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Same thing i was wondering, is there any room to machine out a bit of material from the upper rail? They seem to be pretty stout, and seem like they could be machined for clearance.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure ?
Same thing i was wondering, is there any room to machine out a bit of material from the upper rail? They seem to be pretty stout, and seem like they could be machined for clearance.
I specifically asked Bushmaster about this and even sent a photo from the Midwest Industries website showing them what I had. The said they wouldn't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts