Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys HAPPY EASTER!! I have a buddy that just picked up an ATI Titan and I was thinking of doing the same. I did a little looking around and found they look to be decent guns for the price. Does anyone know much about these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I haven't heard anything negative about them - I'd probably run my buddy's pistol through the wringer before I bought one of my own, though. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Happy Easter to you!

I was looking at one not too long ago, and after doing a little looking around on the ol' interweb, there was one owner that discovered some parts were not interchangeable with standard 1911 parts. That was enough to dissuade me. You'd be better off getting a Citadel for the same price point. Bud's has it for a great price: Citadel 6 + 1 Round 45 ACP Compact w/3.5" Barrel/Blue Finish $451.00 SHIPS FREE

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I haven't heard anything negative about them - I'd probably run my buddy's pistol through the wringer before I bought one of my own, though. ;)
That's like saying your **** his wife before you'd marry his sister.

But really, if he's ok with it...

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Happy Easter to you!

I was looking at one not too long ago, and after doing a little looking around on the ol' interweb, there was one owner that discovered some parts were not interchangeable with standard 1911 parts. That was enough to dissuade me. You'd be better off getting a Citadel for the same price point. Bud's has it for a great price: Citadel 6 + 1 Round 45 ACP Compact w/3.5" Barrel/Blue Finish $451.00 SHIPS FREE
How much so? Did he think they'd just drop in? Because we could all get a good laugh at that.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
How much so? Did he think they'd just drop in? Because we could all get a good laugh at that.
No, I can't remember exactly where I came across the review, but if I recall correctly, the reviewer wanted to swap out the grips and standard 1911 officer's grips wouldn't fit. It could just be that the reviewer was a noob-tard in the world of firearm ownership.

Then again, I could be completely out of my mind at the moment due to continued use of cold medication. At any rate, I'd rather go with something made by Armscor as opposed to ATI. Longer history of manufacturing, solid reputation, solid customer service from either RIA or Citadel.

Edit: Perhaps this is what I read, and the medication is just screwing with my mind: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=359813

1 - 8 of 8 Posts