1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
670 Posts
ATF memo: Illegal to sell guns to marijuana users | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner

"Federal law prohibits any person who is an "unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance" from possessing firearms or ammunition."

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a prescription its not "unlawful" and it certainly doesn't make you addicted.?!

what about Oxycontin? or how about prozac? or valium etc..
you can have a prescription for that and its fine but not for pot?
Even with a medical marijuana B.S. card you are still breaking federal law. Therefore you are still breaking the law per federal law. Another thread on opencarry.org discusses this. Many states are revoking or denying those looking to get carry permits because they have medical marijuana cards.
B.A.T.F.E. Rules on Medical Marijuana..

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
There's a discussion on this in the Chatterbox, you might want to check that out

·
Registered
278 Posts
ATF memo: Illegal to sell guns to marijuana users | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner

"Federal law prohibits any person who is an "unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance" from possessing firearms or ammunition."

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a prescription its not "unlawful" and it certainly doesn't make you addicted.?!

what about Oxycontin? or how about prozac? or valium etc..
you can have a prescription for that and its fine but not for pot?
I think the ATF is doing the right thing. Agree 100%. Oxycontin is not a long term drug at least legally. It is used for break threw pain and for people in hospice/paliative care who don't have long left. OxyContin is the same as alcohol if have some you cant carry but your not always taking it and if you are it isn't much longer than a month or 2. Vicodin and hydromorphine are better options for longterm use and usually what most honest,experianced and just plain good doctors will prescribe. So if your not on it you can carry. Legal marijauna is for longterm everyday use for people that have real problems. There are so many misconceptions about marijauna it really is a joke. It's like global warning; just plain BS. Ya there might be some people who say it doesnt affect them :rolleyes:. Truth is there is very few it does not have an affect on.
This is why so many marijauna shops anddoctors are finally being cracked down on. I have no problem with those who use it but I'm sick of peoples biased personal non factual/medical opinions. Too many people just want to smokeup cause they can. If they want to do that then thats there choice but they have no right to carry a firearm. Being in the hematology/oncology field for most of my life I deal with this everyday.
I know a lot of people will probably disagree but facts are facts. We go through seminars and online webbase training monthly most of which is required for our specialty field. Just so sick of it. Marijauna has very little medical benefits and several side effects including long term. It is a very last resort and we do prescribe it only after every other option has been tried. Marijauna slows your reflexes affects your ability to think clearly has been proven to cause damage to many organs including the brain after longterm use and one should not be able to carry when using this dangerous medication.
Sorry for the rant. Im finished. Wish you all the best. God Bless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts