Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local gun shop that is pretty close to me. they sell weapons and weapon accessories. survival gear too.

the thread about the man being attacked at the gas pump made me ask about it.

75 for the class. 15 for range time and bring 200 rounds of ammo. he will teach drawing and stuff.

I went in a few days ago to check the place out. I was there for a while talking to the guy.

there is a lot I don't know about this stuff and the best way to learn is talking to people that know. I just hope I don't because a nuisance hanging out and asking questions.

I asked about other shooting classes too. Its pretty difficult going in somewhere and admitting I need advice and need to be taught shooting techniques. internet can only take you so far, ya know?

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
You need to check into IDPA. Your gear from the XD box is good to go. After a short safety lecture, most clubs will let you participate. Some like for you to watch a match first. You will learn shooting while moving, getting off the X and heading to cover, changing mags, getting the gun out from under cover and hitting what you are shooting at.
Click on your state and you will find any local clubs. Enjoy!!

International Defensive Pistol Association - Affiliated Club State and Country List

·
Registered
403 Posts
A friend of my brother's takes a general defensive handgun class each and every year. I've never seen him shoot, but according to my brother, he's pretty damn good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts