Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's advertised at +4, I bought 2 of them. Use one and hold the other until I get my 2 extra mags from the Springfield promotion, just in case something went wrong.

19 is the limit for me, I've pushed, prodded, I can't get another round to go in. That is +3, I paid for +4. I've removed the cartridges from it and put them back in twice now.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2 more tries, now I'm going to let it sit with 19 in it for a day.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have heard from the Ralph and Jim Arredondo that you can fit 4 as we sent them the original XD(M)™ mag to make the extention in the first place. To be fair I have heard of a few other guys who were able to get that 4th round in. Me personally only 3. So that is how we advertise it.Still 19 rounds of 40S&W is pretty cool. I bet your idea might work.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have officially given up. Let it sit loaded for 3 days and still only 19.

I'm just going to consider it a 19 rounder and forget trying to cram that other one in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where would one pick up a follower kit or how would one trim the follower? I can't seem to find instructions. I found out how to disassemble the mags, but nothing on modifying the follower. I would love to be able to carry 21 rounds instead of 17.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks but I already placed an order for your base pad and follower kit w/spring. I just didn't see it right away when I looked at your site the first time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the Arredondo base plate and springs for my XDm 9 today and was able to get 22 rounds in (+3) I am not sure if there is anything left. That was using the Springfield supplied mag loader. I am leaving them loaded overnight to see if it's possible to get a fourth in with the 9mm mags. I was under the impression that it was only +3 rounds in the first place. I will pos my results.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's advertised at +4, I bought 2 of them. Use one and hold the other until I get my 2 extra mags from the Springfield promotion, just in case something went wrong.

19 is the limit for me, I've pushed, prodded, I can't get another round to go in. That is +3, I paid for +4. I've removed the cartridges from it and put them back in twice now.
Is this with with 9mm or 40? The Arrendodo extended base pad I have is advertised for +3, not +4 for both 9 & 40 on XDguys website. The Arrendondo website however shows +3 for 40 & +4 for 9mm.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Is this with with 9mm or 40? The Arrendodo extended base pad I have is advertised for +3, not +4 for both 9 & 40 on XDguys website. The Arrendondo website however shows +3 for 40 & +4 for 9mm.
Ditto, +3s is all I heard for the 40, I have a half dozen extended 9s, maybe ill try the 4th on those, something to do tomorrow.... now the AGP 45 extension has been rumored to get the extra 4th in, me.... I call 16+1 rounds of 45 good 'nough. I have only been able to get 17 once and it dented the case with the uplula doing it.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The Canyon Creek 140mm base pads will hold:
XDm 9mm 24+1
XDm .40 21+1
XD .45acp 18+1
The pads are made from aluminum with hard coat anodizing, 4 colors available.
Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts