Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
My best friend owns a Remington Rand that his grandfather brought home from armory duty while stationed in England. Awesome shooter, plenty accurate, and more fun than anyone should ever be allowed to have!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My Dad still has his duty M1911A1 that he carried as an MP in the Marines. He always told me that he felt the USMC "owed" it to him...so he stuffed it in his barracks bag on the day he was discharged and nobody ever asked him for it (!!).

Its a 1943 Ithaca slide and frame, with a Frankenstein groups of parts that were added as the years went on. It has a WWI styled wide spur hammer, that it got in some re-build along the way. It also wears a chrome lined barrel that was a popular upgrade in the Vietnam years. The thing has very, very thin parkerizing left and the slide to frame fit is very loosey-goosey. But the thing cycles and hits surprisingly well.

I haven't seen it in years, but it still resides in Dad's nightstand drawer in its familiar white flap holster. Been there since the early 70s, when he was honorably discharged. Dad qualified "Expert" with the M1911 as well as the M-1, Carbine and the M-14.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I carried Remington Rand 2242096 for 3 years as a MP in Munich Germany 1986-1989. Today its Special forces only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts