Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Yeah, I got their email. I'll be looking for some reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Because there's a lot of cheap semi autos out there that are very questionable.

I like Armscor but I only really know their 1911's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased one this weekend. Took my time with the prerequisite breakdown and cleaning in order to become familiar with the components. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the way it was put together. True, there is a lot of polymer but I don't look at that as a negative. I will be taking it to the range this weekend to check it out, primarily with 2 and three quarter high brass rounds, both slug and buckshot. If you guys are interested I'll post a review. By the way, any ideas on where to get larger magazines?

·
Registered
1 Posts
just asking going from light gas ring to heavy gas ring do you need to remove the split ring I assume it is for retention and install it on the heavy ring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello gang, new here.
I have one also, mine absolutely will not feed low brass, still chokes on high brass at times. I'm still way under the 500 round break in period however and don't expect it to jam once broken in properly. I got my 9 round mag from Buds for $24.00.
I also am in need of advise.
When I broke mine down after the first trip to the range, I found a broken O ring wrapped around the threaded shaft that holds the springs. I know it came from the gas block, from one of the 2 slots but I dont know which one. I have obtained 2 Exact O rings but don't know if they go in both slots or just one, and if just 1, which one?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh thank goodness!!!
I found a broken rubber O ring on the threaded post that holds the recoil spring and no one (including the manufacturer) can tell me where it goes. I'm pretty sure it goes inside the gas block it self. Here are some pics. The 1st is the o ring 2nd where I found it and 3rd is a picture of the gas block. I put one o ring in one of the slots (red box) for illustrative purposes.
And again, thanks for answering.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brother, if there's any way you could take a picture of your gas block (with the gas piston removed, just like for normal cleaning) I would be forever grateful.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Oh thank goodness!!!
I found a broken rubber O ring on the threaded post that holds the recoil spring and no one (including the manufacturer) can tell me where it goes. I'm pretty sure it goes inside the gas block it self. Here are some pics. The 1st is the o ring 2nd where I found it and 3rd is a picture of the gas block. I put one o ring in one of the slots (red box) for illustrative purposes.
And again, thanks for answering.
Brother, if there's any way you could take a picture of your gas block (with the gas piston removed, just like for normal cleaning) I would be forever grateful.
vR60 and 80 are different. But if you have Facebook go to this group. They can help.
Armscor VR80 Shotgun Owners Group Public Group | Facebook

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello gang, new here.
I have one also, mine absolutely will not feed low brass, still chokes on high brass at times. I'm still way under the 500 round break in period however and don't expect it to jam once broken in properly. I got my 9 round mag from Buds for $24.00.
I also am in need of advise.
When I broke mine down after the first trip to the range, I found a broken O ring wrapped around the threaded shaft that holds the springs. I know it came from the gas block, from one of the 2 slots but I dont know which one. I have obtained 2 Exact O rings but don't know if they go in both slots or just one, and if just 1, which one?
hey

·
Registered
6 Posts
same problem nodule, If I knew which slot, just a pic would help a ton! so did you ever find out? looks like you were struggling my friend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts