Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, everyone, i have recently bought my self a armscor 9mm,, clone of a CZ28. not the first time i have ever used a gun, but i am new to reloading. i have bought my self, 500 empty shells without the old primers on them. my Q. is can i tumbler them without the primer???. 2ND. Q. is i have 400 teflon coated heads 125gr that i'm going to use, what the correct powder gr to use ??. if anyone could help me out.. thanks..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like you need to spend some time with your head in a reloading manual first.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
It sounds like you are quite a ways from being ready to hand load ammunition. Please take it slow and steady, research, research, research.

Here is a better place to start than asking a question in the welcome center: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hand-loaded-ammunition/28387-getting-started-reloading.html

Also, buy a couple of manuals or four, start with ABC's of reloading and I like the Lyman manual 49th edition.

Welcome to the madness!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western Pa.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
hello, everyone, i have recently bought my self a armscor 9mm,, clone of a CZ28. not the first time i have ever used a gun, but i am new to reloading. i have bought my self, 500 empty shells without the old primers on them. my Q. is can i tumbler them without the primer???. 2ND. Q. is i have 400 teflon coated heads 125gr that i'm going to use, what the correct powder gr to use ??. if anyone could help me out.. thanks..
I agree with everyone else that you need to read a ton more before you start reloading. But I will answer your questions.

1) Yes you can tumble them with no primer. It's actually better to do so as it cleans the primer pocket somewhat.

2) Correct amount of powder for your bullet depends on the powder brand and flavor. Buy a few books, read up, reread it. Then begin slowly.

Oh and welcome

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Super Moderator
46,414 Posts