Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is armory kote and what are some benefits?
Also if I was to have this done how would i do so?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can some one please post a reply. Jeez the moron who just posted to fill a spot got a reply. And my question is legit.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't know exactly what it is.

I like it.

It hasn't rusted yet.

I have a ding in my slide from where I guess it recently got dropped or something, because my rear sight also got knocked loose.

It's wearing pretty well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
R/T Performance said:
aromory coat is the replacment coat usally covered under warrenty contact [email protected] they offer it in three colors mine is going in soon as i get my confirmation number :D
I just got mine, would I have to wait until it starts to show wear? Could I send it now to pre-empt the wear?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
No i don't think they will cover it till it rusts and my sub i just got seems to have a better finish then the service i got a year ago if you want repeatedly holster it in a fobus and the finish will probaly dissappaer thats what happend to my service that holster for sale want it?
just got my confirmation number off it goes tomarrow :D will see what the silver is but if you want chrome custom shop charges 145 bucks

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think the ArmoryKote is similar to the GunKote finish I just got from CCR (just applied by Sprinfield Armory). Its a spray on polymer coating that gets baked on. Is suppose to be self-lubricating with good rust inhibiting properties and pretty durable, although I aleady have a few nicks in mine. I have no signs holster wear and have been practicing at least 30 draws a day since I've got it back, I'll have to wait and see how it holds up in the long term. They are availabe in different colors and in a matte to gloss finish. It took me a while to get used to the "rustoleum spray paint" look but it grows on you. Its definately easier to draw my gun out of the holster, although a little slippier when racking the slide especially with a fresh coat of armadillo. Overall i'm pretty happy with it and Brad at CCR did a great job.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just sent mine off to Mac @ shootinirons. I will submit pics apon it's arrival :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I got an email telling me to ship the gun to them. If I am deemed worthy, they will refinish the gun and refund my shipping. If not, they will just ship it back to me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Oh, and it rusted again yesterday after a day at the range. :roll:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
SLCDave said:
I got an email telling me to ship the gun to them. If I am deemed worthy, they will refinish the gun and refund my shipping. If not, they will just ship it back to me. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The recent post is the only one I have ever heard of bieng rejected.
Note they have three colors black, silver and green

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
R/T Performance said:
SLCDave said:

The recent post is the only one I have ever heard of bieng rejected.
Note they have three colors black, silver and green
I hope you are right. I love the gun, but the rust issue is really beginning to get on my nerves. I shot it yesterday on a hot day. I wiped it off, holstered it up, and headed for home. Later that day, it had rust on it. I'm half tempted to borrow back the Kel-Tec I sold to my brother, and carry it without any sort of cleaning to see how long it would take to rust, then get it refinished for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts