Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some first hand knowledge: how does SA armory kote compare with duracoat as offered through xd-hs2000.com compare, in terms of (1) appearance (2) durability (3) cost and value (4) customer service. thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Firstly I'd like to say the service through James's sight is 2nd to none. He is an all around good dude. The recoating price seems very good also....and his turnaround time is unreal! No kidding....within days vs. weeks with the factory.
However, I cannon verify the durability of duracoat, though have heard good things about his work.
Now as far as SA's armory coat....it's better than the factory finish. It's more of a deep black color, and seems to be much harder if that makes sense. I have not experienced any rust with it of any kind...but it does not resist scratching very well. I'm not sure if it's just the sharper edges on the Xd or what...it may be the mistake of usin a Fobus holster. After only two holsterings(is that a word?) it left the same scratches across the edges of the top of the slide. I do not use the Fobus very often at all. I only use it while driving...I've got my old Fobus rigged to under the dash.
With leather I've recieved no futher markings tho.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
SA Armory Kote sucks. I had it put on my XD about a month ago.

The edges of my grip safety are ****ing worn down to the metal already, and the only thing that touches that area is the skin of my hand.

It's not bad if you can get it for free. Just don't expect the same quality as Gunkote or Duracoat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts