Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 3rd SA XD this one in 9mm. Traded a G19 for it. I buy and sell and trade guns all the time and that was my best trade to date.

Not to start another XD vs. Glock topic, my question is this. I am going to carry this XD as a service weapon and I contacted Megan Klavon @ Springfield via e-mail this morning and she responded that for $90 I could send the whole gun in and they would Armory Kote it. I would have to pay because there is no problem with rust on my weapon if there were, they would not charge for thr Armory Kote. I have read in other topics here that for I think $140 to $160 the custom shop at SA would hard chrome it. Would that be worth the extra bucks to have it hard chromed?

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
It depends on the look you are going for. If you want to keep your XD from rusting, just apply a few coats of Armadillo, and reapply after every cleaning.

At least you can try the Armadillo route first. This solution is a little less money than the other two options. I have been rust free for over a year, and I believe it is because of Armadillo.

Old School

1 - 2 of 2 Posts