Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, question for some of you out there,
I just recently got an Armalite AR-10.
Went throught the gun completely everything was well built.

I had a problem with out of 40 rounds, 14 of them misfired. I think its prolly do to cheap steel case ammo, but i havent been to the range yet with some better .308 rounds to verify.

Anyone had any luck with Academy's Monarch Brand ammo?
Ill prolly try the Monarch Brass next time for just range shooting.
Ill use Win. 308 or federal premium for hunting.

I will upload some pictures of the missfired rounds, seems the firing pin had trouble hiting those primers hard.. bad Primer caps on ammo? ?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Buy some quality 7.62x51 surplus ammo and try again.

If you run into trouble with quality brass cased ammo, I would call Armalite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy some quality 7.62x51 surplus ammo and try again.

If you run into trouble with quality brass cased ammo, I would call Armalite.
local stores dont sell nato, so ill have to order some of the net, ill run some brass 308s this weekend though to see if i stil have the problem, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I've used their .223 steel cased and my AR did fine with all of them. No expert but it looks like some of those strikes are pretty shallow. Hope that its just the ammo GL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should still be able to get some decent 308s at a local Wallyworld
Ill go check there.. didnt think of that..

I've used their .223 steel cased and my AR did fine with all of them. No expert but it looks like some of those strikes are pretty shallow. Hope that its just the ammo GL!
yeah, they did look shallow, is the bolt similar design as the ar-10 in the ar-15?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also noticed on the ar-10 the firing pin has a spring in the carrier, from the drawings of the ar15, it does not.. wonder if this is why you can shoot the steel with no issues..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from Academy, they replaced my box, and i got winchester this time to test the gun out. will find out this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts